Forum

Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .

9 years 7 months ago #62681 by Buc

Wartdawg wrote:

ogredawg wrote: [
The only issue I really have is that he did not face the media after the game.

How do we know that was HIS decision not to come out?

If I was a HC... my staff wouldn't be allowed to pick and choose when and where they face the
media and if they were not going to be available for the press then it would be my call.

I wonder if those guys not facing the media was MR's call.

If I had to wager Wartdawg . . . . I wonder if those guys not facing the media was MR's call.

Jumps out at me ALSO.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62682 by Buc
ogredawg, I know and have known for a long time that you "understand much football". Think maybe I have mellowed a bit, guess I need to find some piss and vinegar, might present a better case. You have over the years kept my feet to the fire, if you for any reason don't think I appreciate that . . . . nuff said. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62688 by wlayton
ogredawg, I was referring to your post #13 where you were discussing the D with WD. Your second sentence stated that UGA has as much talent as FSU.....my feeling is, no we don't on defense, especially in the secondary.

Plus, are you saying Pruitt isn't putting his best DB's on the field, some are on the bench??....who?.....we don't have much to chose from.

I venture to say we don't have ONE DB that would start or maybe even play for FSU.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago #62692 by DAWGtm
First off I'm not defending anybody they are all high profile coaches so criticism come with the job. Saying that we all knew the D would be a work in progress this year. Am I disipointed with what we put on the field against SC defiantly. I think we would have been a lot better to play Troy before SC than having a bye week. What I'm interested in is to see if we can improve during the season. Truly hope so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62693 by ogredawg

wlayton wrote: ogredawg, I was referring to your post #13 where you were discussing the D with WD. Your second sentence stated that UGA has as much talent as FSU.....my feeling is, no we don't on defense, especially in the secondary.

Plus, are you saying Pruitt isn't putting his best DB's on the field, some are on the bench??....who?.....we don't have much to chose from.

I venture to say we don't have ONE DB that would start or maybe even play for FSU.

over all we have just as much talent as FSU they play in the ACC yes they are good but they would be a 2 loss team in the SEC

Malkolm Parrish and JJ Green

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62695 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .
Buc,here is a FACT, as long as CMR is our HC and CMB is our OC we will continue to run a Pro Style O with some very slight modifications thrown in here and there. They proved THAT when they offered Cam a ride as a TE, made Nick Marshall a DB and all but passed on Deshaun Watson. Brice Ramsey wasn't brought in to run the spread and I'm pretty sure that Jacob Eason won't be running any form of spread offense, Jacob Park has some decent wheels but I have no idea if he will ever see a snap at UGA. Then there is Faton Bauta, who in my honest opinion should be at the very least sharing some snaps with HM. This is for another topic though...

My take on what offense we should be running: First of all I want to start out by saying that I believe it's way more important to build a D that can adjust to and slow down a spread offense when you face those teams. If your D isn't built to slow down the spread then you're better off running a huddle up pro set to keep your D and their O off the field! I think a very well balanced O in 2014 and the foreseeable future in any ranks of football is going to be a "hybrid" offense with a run based core, to be a championship caliber team you better have a solid run game in your arsenal. But I firmly believe that you have to mix in some up tempo spread nowadays to keep the D's always guessing. This is where I would insert Faton Bauta right now on certain plays, especially in goal line situations because the D now has to account for another threat running the ball. I'm not a big fan of running the 2 QB system but I do think outside the box and if I know I have a hungry freak like FB on my sidelines then you better believe I will have some plays dialed up with him in them. Tebow was used in the 06-07 season to come off the bench to do the dirty work and look what that got the Gators! Don't get me wrong you can still run the spread with guys like Ramsey and Eason but they're not much of a threat at running the ball so you can eliminate any read option out of your spread with those guys.

My take Buc is that both CMR and CMB are over-consumed with developing the "perfect" QB and overlooking the game and how it's evolving right in front of their eyes. Don't get me wrong they have developed some really good QB's but I'm pretty sure Stafford was destined to be an NFL QB no matter who coached him in college. The game has been changing for several years now and correct me if I'm wrong but first and foremost it's the HC's job to try to win his program a NC. I think it's way past time for a slight change on our offense at UGA but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon at least not on the scale I would like to see it. So we better tighten up ship on D and make sure we coach up our 2nd and 3rd stringers to face even more up tempo spread em' out read option, crap that QB is fast offenses in the near future. The game has changed, it's pretty much all about offense at this point and if you aren't going to play then you better build the BEST D in the Nation or you will start getting it handed to you by teams like Kentucky with their "Air Raid Offense"...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds