Forum

Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .

9 years 7 months ago #62613 by Buc
Question was asked about getting another quarterback some game time, preparing for next season. Understand that 2014 is not over, but the question asked was whether or not we should prepare for "down the road".

Guess we could continue to play the game as we have before, not calling out any previous quarterbacks names.

Maybe we should visit the Mike Bobo thingy.

Don't like his play calling many times . . . . honors those that have been on campus waiting for their turn. How did that in "most cases" turn out?

Are we so set in our ways that we cannot change too much when we line our offense up?

If you are Faton Bauta, was there any reason to select Athens as your school of choice? Does Faton Bauta have to "understand the playbook" backwards and forwards to get a chance to play when he is in his fifth year? What is the determining factor? Not sure I can give an answer.

Many of the talking heads said that Hutson Mason is our quarterback for this reason . . . . he hung in there so it is his turn. Anyone here buy that? Just asking.

Had some hope that Hutson Mason would be a "good relief pitcher", don't get me wrong. Hutson is a good "relief pitcher", he however is not going to get us into the final four or Atlanta from what I have seen.

What does this have to do with 2015 . . . . COACHING.

Many on the internet like to say . . . . lose Richt, you lose those top high school players. OK. Keep Richt and what do those top high school players do for "his system" in Athens? Something like what happened in Columbia yesterday?

Another question. Why did we have our defensive coordinator talking to Mark Richt at the end, especially with time outs that could and should have been called?

Was there a reason that grantham left? He never mentioned Mark Richt's name when he did leave. grantham also took a shot at McGarity, praised his current Athletic Director.

Why do you and I have to question players getting on a bus and going to the Falcons facilities to practice?

Might be that we don't want to get in bed with winning. 8-5 was not a pretty picture. Anyone believe that we will make the trip to Atlanta and face off with the West this season?

Here is where we are, my opinion. Take a close look at those that have won and want to win more championships. At what point can we insert Georgia's name?

Top down, have never disagreed with that wording. Started it on this board. Back it up with posts from the past.

Often I have said, Mark Richt get out of the way. He did yesterday against South Carolina. Then he has a presser and says, maybe I should have ran Todd Gurley. Is that leadership? Yes Mark Richt hears every call, whether offensively or defensively. Mark Richt at this point is as I and others have said before . . . . comfortable in his skin. You and I have to decide just how much leadership is coming from . . . . the "Top Down".

growl, reading some of your past posts, you were very kind to Mark Richt. Today you stepped out and asked "what the hell is going on". I post here, don't have all of the answers, do have some understanding. Bet this . . . . Mark Richt will have many watching his every footstep the rest of the 2014 Season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62614 by growl
Yes Buc, I've tried to be kind to the man over the years,but, there comes a time in every thing when you close your mouth and open your mind and nows the time. I had a hard time sleeping last night because of the way that game ended, not because we lost ,but rather how we lost. Guarantee you even HM wanted to hand the ball to TG, the decision came from the top for what happened. Its true that even if we had scored the D could have given it right back,but because of the boneheaded move we"ll never know just like the SECC game with the Tide and so many other times over the last few years. So yes I've had a change of heart.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 7 months ago #62615 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .
IMHO. this week at home vs Troy will give us a idea if there is any thinking by our coaches

About what the plan is for 2015 QB. Waiting for the spring game or a injury is not being

Proactive. Lack of road game experience or just plain game snaps cost us a brain fart

And a grounding penalty had the play worked would have been no further discussion

Happy to see JR.touch the ball

Lot of football to play many more pages to be added to 2014's story

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago #62616 by ogredawg
2 years ago it was said we were 5 yards from the NC when in reality we were 350 yards away when the Tide RB's cleaned our D's clock in the SEC Championship. 150 of those yards in the 4th qtr when they just ran our D into the ground and the cry went up wait until next year. So next year came and went and we could not even win the East or should I say back into the SEC East title like we did the year before because that same year that the Tide ran roughshod over our D the old ball sack put up 35 points and almost shut us out. Now we are back where we were 2 years ago with a loss to Carolina and hoping we can back into another SEC East title.

I am tired of having to "back" into any type of title. It is way past time for us to make our own destiny and win something outright for ourselves and not have "help" in doing it. The media will be saying just that "hoping" we can beat Aubuurn and Mizzou which I seriously doubt that we can do, and Carolina losing to another team. It is time for it to stop and stop now.

I said when Pruitt came on board we should of changed the rest of the coaching staff from the head down and I stand by that statement today.

I agree I am a little harsh on Pruitt but I am sick and tired of the way we are playing football on BOTH sides of the ball. Wait for Pruitt to "get" his guys is just another excuse as to why his D is not playing well. Get a clue HE HAS WON WITH OTHER COACHES PLAYERS why can he not do the same at UGA. There is a young man by the name of Malkolm Parish who has yet to see the field, yet we have upper classmen getting continually beat and as some say wait on Pruitt's guys yet Pruitt's guys sit. We have the best front seven in the SEC or so I and many others have said yet they did absolutely nothing last night.

Bobo has no clue now that AM is gone. I said we lost our coach on the field and AM would not be around to make Bobo look good anymore, and last night proved my point. Granted Rome caught a short TD pass but it was on THIRD down not First down. I have no doubt in my mind with it 1st down and goal from the 4 that AM would of checked off that stoopid play and handed the ball to #3. No doubt what so ever.

Final thing I will say is CMR and CMB need to move on to greener pastures. Their time at UGA is done. Recruiting will not suffer one bit, we will lose some but you play for GEORGIA the TEAM because you want to be a DAWG no matter who the HC is. Done beating this dead horse and most will continue to make excuses as to why we are a mediocre 2nd tier SEC team, and be happy as long as the money keeps rolling in and we can make it to one of the Orlando, Tampa or Jax bowls every year.

Do I sound bitter....why yes because I am bitter about this loss that should not have happened with the talent we have on this team.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, bulldawg36869

More
9 years 7 months ago #62618 by Wartdawg
I'll just say again... no matter how good our O is, there comes a time in this big games when someone blinks, and it's usually us. In a big game at the most crucial moment, our coaches will wet the bed. They did it with playcalling with the ball 1st and goal, and MR did it after with clock management. As irrelevant as it might have been last night... just shows you the man can't make it through a night without having brain flatulence.

Pruitt... yeah the D sucked too, but he's not just trying to win with another mans players.... he's trying to win with another man's 2nd teamers in the secondary. Still... no excuse. Our "strength" was supposed to be our front 7... our strength was supposed to be our conditioning.... those guys got trucked.

I still think though the D gets better as the year goes.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62619 by Wartdawg
Again I don't want to be take wrong... D sucked, Mr. Pruitt. Consider one mulligan given and get better.

While we do deservedly talk about our D... let's talk about SC's defense a minute. They have up 35... Gave up another TD called back on a penalty.. we missed 6 more points because of our kicker. So that's a D that doesn't seem to be able to stop us much either... and there are our O sits 1st and goal, and they shat the sheets. Earlier the D gave them one other turnover and all they could muster then was a long 3.

So be fair.... blame both the D and the O to varying degrees of your choosing. Just know that our team strength always comes up just this || much shorter than the other teams strength in the moment that often ends up defining our season.

As Maxwell Smart said... "Missed it by that....much."

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds