Forum

Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .

9 years 7 months ago #62664 by NC_Dawg

ogredawg wrote: Kind of long but I think everyone should read Thomas Brown's latest blog post:

ugathomasbrown.wordpress.com/

breaks it down rather nicely I think. Please read it ALL as it gives a good insight on the stats over the first 2 games...

Interesting stuff! Not a big fan of Mr. Brown's writing style; sue me, I'm a Grady Grad!....However, much of what he said has been said over and over again...For those that really matter,...it ain't about crystal balls and winning traditions, it's about the Benjamin's....Perhaps THAT may account for the two faces of CMR?....

Cinch up your chin straps, brother dawgs....we are in for ANOTHER bumpy, gut wrenching season!

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62665 by Wartdawg
The only thing not spot on in that article is his insistence that someone's recruiting rank
number as handed out by scouts inc, is the best way to evaluate QB. Park may be better than Mason for all I know, but it's not because he was ranked #7 coming out of high school. He hasn't been at every practice and meeting, so he doesn't know who should have been on the field as our QB.

That being said though... everything else was spot on.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 7 months ago #62666 by wlayton

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: I think most are on the same page, I have to correct one thing for sure.....

While I agree that Pruitt has a great front 7 to work with, probably close to FSU's talent, in no way, shape or form does Pruitt even come CLOSE to having the DB's at UGA that was at FSU......not even remotely close. Four, maybe five DB's at FSU will play in the NFL, our DB's can't play for Valdosta.

oh he has the DB's they are just sitting on the bench. If it ain't working make a change and it certainly was not working at least not to our expectations....but a PLAY was made late in the game by one of the DB's and low and behold Bobo screws up once again. Familiar story and I hope that Pruitt has finally learned that he is up against a no win situation with Bobo calling the plays and CMR as the HC...I truely hope Pruitt is not one and done at UGA like he was at FSU but it may happen... :whistle:

Not going to waste your time or mine on this subject but you REALLY believe our DB's are as talented as FSU's????? You are kidding, right??? Our DB's....one walk-on, freshmen, lost 3 starters and are the caliber of FSU? Even with the 3 unsavory DB's we kicked off the team, we don't come close to FSU's DB's.

This rest of your post is on a different subject.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62668 by NC_Dawg

Wartdawg wrote: The only thing not spot on in that article is his insistence that someone's recruiting rank
number as handed out by scouts inc, is the best way to evaluate QB. Park may be better than Mason for all I know, but it's not because he was ranked #7 coming out of high school. He hasn't been at every practice and meeting, so he doesn't know who should have been on the field as our QB.

That being said though... everything else was spot on.

MEH,...those rankings were pretty good benchmarks for individuals with last names like Stafford, Murray and Shockley....just sayin'! I've got NO CLUE what algebra CMR and Mikey use to evaluate QB's....However, much of what Mr. Brown stated does ring true when you reflect back...Which begs the question,...Why aren't we using our talented back ups in certain circumstances? They don't seem to have an issue using back up RB's?!?!?!...If these gentlemen don't get some game experience we will be any better off next year??

Buc, thanks for the GIF....I deleted the game from my DVR and wanted to see the "nekkid rollout" again...WOW!!!...Poor execution is being entirely too nice!...The DB wasn't remotely fooled and while the receiver was open, I'm convinced he would have gotten hammered after the catch that wasn't.

GO DAWGS!!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62669 by Buc
Gathered elsewhere . . . .

Saban might have gotten the credit nationally, but within the coaching ranks, Pruitt was turning heads. When Mark Stoops left FSU to take the head job at Kentucky, Pruitt was already near the top of Jimbo Fisher's wish list for potential replacements.

"When Kirby Smart had the headset on the last two national championship games, he's been talking to Jeremy Pruitt," Propst said. "I think Jimbo Fisher probably recognized that."

FSU's players have recognized it, too.

During spring practice, Pruitt installed an aggressive new defensive scheme, opening up the playbook for FSU's athletic defenders and offering an opportunity to explore their potential. It's made an immediate impression.

"Coach Pruitt, he likes physical players," corner Lamarcus Joyner said. "He has a physical defense, physical scheme and he's got physical players to fit in. So me and him are like best friends now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While it has been said that FSU's defensive backs were there for Pruitt, might do some research and see who he brought into the FSU fold.

Another thought, Pruitt changed some of the schemes that Mark Stoops was running. Although as some suggest there was a solid group in Tallahassee, the Mark Stoops group took to the way Pruitt coached, as suggested by Lamarcus Joyner above.

Guess in college football the National Championship Game ended up on the FSU shelf. That is what can happen when you have a "complete coaching staff".

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62670 by NC_Dawg
Pruitt gets a pass from me, which is the reason for my silence on all the threads vilifying him. Lord knows if we are willing to accept the mediocrity we've swallowed on the other side of the ball, we can at least give him time to build it up or assimilate!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds