Forum

Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .

9 years 7 months ago #62671 by Buc
Has been mentioned that I am high on Jeremy Pruitt. True dat!

As for some of the coaches, amazing how much they can get away with, been doing it since we changed head coaches.

NC_Dawg said . . . . Why aren't we using our talented back ups in certain circumstances? They don't seem to have an issue using back up RB's?!?!?!...If these gentlemen don't get some game experience we will be any better off next year??

What will happen in my opinion is the same "stuff" that has been going on for over 13 years, and has been pointed out on this board. "Top" is secure in his skin, comes from knowing who the "Top" really are. Never doubt this . . . . Mark Richt has been a "front man", can't guess the times I have said that on this board. Cash registers keep ringing, the "GROUP" will continue to circle the wagons. Just like many years back, those "inside the circle" always win when the MGM movie is finished.

Question. Ever wonder why Mark Richt did not move on and capture a larger paycheck? Will say what I think . . . . at Georgia he can get away with what he has and has not accomplished. Universities like Alabama, FSU and others don't live by those "rules". Guess what, neither does Auburn.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62674 by ogredawg

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: I think most are on the same page, I have to correct one thing for sure.....

While I agree that Pruitt has a great front 7 to work with, probably close to FSU's talent, in no way, shape or form does Pruitt even come CLOSE to having the DB's at UGA that was at FSU......not even remotely close. Four, maybe five DB's at FSU will play in the NFL, our DB's can't play for Valdosta.

oh he has the DB's they are just sitting on the bench. If it ain't working make a change and it certainly was not working at least not to our expectations....but a PLAY was made late in the game by one of the DB's and low and behold Bobo screws up once again. Familiar story and I hope that Pruitt has finally learned that he is up against a no win situation with Bobo calling the plays and CMR as the HC...I truely hope Pruitt is not one and done at UGA like he was at FSU but it may happen... :whistle:

Not going to waste your time or mine on this subject but you REALLY believe our DB's are as talented as FSU's????? You are kidding, right??? Our DB's....one walk-on, freshmen, lost 3 starters and are the caliber of FSU? Even with the 3 unsavory DB's we kicked off the team, we don't come close to FSU's DB's.

This rest of your post is on a different subject.

I said he has the DB's no where did I say they were as good as FSU's, he has better DB's sitting on the bench

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 7 months ago #62675 by ogredawg

Buc wrote: Has been mentioned that I am high on Jeremy Pruitt. True dat!

As for some of the coaches, amazing how much they can get away with, been doing it since we changed head coaches.

NC_Dawg said . . . . Why aren't we using our talented back ups in certain circumstances? They don't seem to have an issue using back up RB's?!?!?!...If these gentlemen don't get some game experience we will be any better off next year??

What will happen in my opinion is the same "stuff" that has been going on for over 13 years, and has been pointed out on this board. "Top" is secure in his skin, comes from knowing who the "Top" really are. Never doubt this . . . . Mark Richt has been a "front man", can't guess the times I have said that on this board. Cash registers keep ringing, the "GROUP" will continue to circle the wagons. Just like many years back, those "inside the circle" always win when the MGM movie is finished.

Question. Ever wonder why Mark Richt did not move on and capture a larger paycheck? Will say what I think . . . . at Georgia he can get away with what he has and has not accomplished. Universities like Alabama, FSU and others don't live by those "rules". Guess what, neither does Auburn.

I do want CJP to stick around and I hope he does. The only issue I really have is that he did not face the media after the game. He makes 800K + a year at a State Run School and he should come out and say we are going to fix the problem. Just hard to defend the way the D played the other night Buc, meant no malice with you about your support for CJP and CTR. They are good for this team and I hope our other 2 stoopid coaches do not run them off...

Said it once and I will say it again...HM should not have been put in that situation, he does not have the expericence in that type of game or should I say SEC game. you give the ball to your playmaker or playmakers (we have several) and Bobo did not do that. Good call or bad call makes no difference, the situation dictates what plays you call and the situation did not dictate the play.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62676 by Buc

ogredawg wrote:

I do want CJP to stick around and I hope he does. The only issue I really have is that he did not face the media after the game. He makes 800K + a year at a State Run School and he should come out and say we are going to fix the problem. Just hard to defend the way the D played the other night Buc, meant no malice with you about your support for CJP and CTR. They are good for this team and I hope our other 2 stoopid coaches do not run them off...

Said it once and I will say it again...HM should not have been put in that situation, he does not have the expericence in that type of game or should I say SEC game. you give the ball to your playmaker or playmakers (we have several) and Bobo did not do that. Good call or bad call makes no difference, the situation dictates what plays you call and the situation did not dictate the play.

ogredawg you said earlier in a post that you wanted Pruitt to stick around, read that. Somewhere think I had mentioned that both Pruitt and Bobo not speaking did bother me a bit. Thought about that and went back since the game was played and pulled up some of Pruitt's videos including the first one with Richt when he came on board. Don't know if this is the proper way to say this but . . . . Pruitt is the "strong, silent type", all of us have been around folks like that. Do not believe Pruitt would ever go in front of the media if not required.

What I think I saw was Mark Richt doing something I have seen him do before, trying to shield his coaches and sometimes players from the media. He was definitely protecting Mike Bobo, not a doubt that he did not want reporters asking him questions. Will be interesting to see if Bobo faces the media prior to our next game.

Allow me to take this one step further. I had mentioned earlier that Pruitt was in Richt's ear near the end. That required Richt to remove the headphones. Means it was something along the lines of the "chats" between Richt and grantham. Of course I am guessing, that will never be released, maybe should not be.

Mark Richt I think now is trying to re-establish himself as the leader. Pruitt/Rocker and Company have received a lot of attention since their hiring. Might be Richt was getting a "little uncomfortable in his skin". One of the reasons that those above him in the pecking order like him so much is the fact he does well with the media. Pruitt would just as soon coach not play footsy with the media.

You make what I think is a very good point . . . . Hutson Mason was put in a situation that I have seen many times over the years, "screw up". Pressure can cause the gray matter to get frazzled, and I do believe that happened, especially after watching the video of him in that situation. Was glad that sflanagan21 brought that up and was able to find the video. I was a quarterback in high school, can recall doing something very similar to what Hutson did. Could be mentioned that the caught pass in ATL against Alabama that ended the game could have been handled differently. Pressure can cause a lot of problems, it happened to Hutson Mason.

One thing all of us know . . . . coaches ain't going anywhere, so . . . . here is hoping that we use "all" of the talent that I know resides in Athens. South Carolina bounced back from a butt kicking by TAM. Now we will see if our coaches can motivate and teach this group of very talented players do the same. Gives me no choice other than "wishing" even when I know the "Top" continues to prove he is more than ever following in Bobby Bowden's shoes.

Allow me this . . . . I mention Bobby Bowden in certain situations. BB is the coach that made FSU a football power, anyone that doubts that, oh well. The Thomas Brown article that you posted showed the years of production and of course the current model of Richt's work.

Couple of times I have brought up the subject on this board about our way of playing offensive football. Some, and I understand want to stay in the same pro set. I also like the pro set, but whether we like it or not, college football is going through a huge change on the offensive side. It is creeping into the NFL. Lots and lots of high schools are teaching colleges and pros that there needs to be some change. Would like to hear what sflanagan21 has to say about this. I played in the 50's, he is current. Say this, liked the way the TAM quarterback played in Columbia, we will see if that was a fluke . . . . don't think so.

Steve Spurrier knows every play that Georgia will run, some variations with spreads and such might take some film work, but the quarterback position has changed very little and most of our plays were run over 13 years ago.

I do wonder about . . . . not really . . . . why we cannot prepare young men, especially quarterbacks prior to the beginning of a new season to take snaps in "live action". Has been mentioned also it was a good thing that Hutson Mason got to play against Kentucky, Georgia Tech and Nebraska. So, what if AM had not been injured? That is one(1) of the reasons that makes me use bad language when trying to talk about the "Top".

Sorry again to go so long. I am no different than what I read on this board and others, upsetting to watch what is "NOT GOING ON".

End with this. Pruitt has a three year contract, which actually means the 2015 incoming class will officially belong to Pruitt/Rucker and Company. Unless we totally fall apart this season and next, I am on his side. The defensive side of the ball hit the floor running, all hands on deck. That also falls on Richt's plate, my opinion. Stability and patience along with stability can change much. Believe it or not, that is the Nick Saban way of coaching. It works, and we will see changes coming from Saban, he has Malzahn with an antiquated offense (single wing) breathing down his neck. Interesting from where I sit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62677 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .

ogredawg wrote:

HM is a 5th year senior if he doesn't have the skill set to get us 6 in the red zone then we sure the hell have the wrong QB leading us!

More
9 years 7 months ago #62678 by Wartdawg

ogredawg wrote: [
The only issue I really have is that he did not face the media after the game.

How do we know that was HIS decision not to come out?

If I was a HC... my staff wouldn't be allowed to pick and choose when and where they face the
media and if they were not going to be available for the press then it would be my call.

I wonder if those guys not facing the media was MR's call.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds