Forum

Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62657 by Buc

Buc wrote: Question was asked about getting another quarterback some game time, preparing for next season. Understand that 2014 is not over, but the question asked was whether or not we should prepare for "down the road".

Guess we could continue to play the game as we have before, not calling out any previous quarterbacks names.

Maybe we should visit the Mike Bobo thingy.

Don't like his play calling many times . . . . honors those that have been on campus waiting for their turn. How did that in "most cases" turn out?

Are we so set in our ways that we cannot change too much when we line our offense up?

If you are Faton Bauta, was there any reason to select Athens as your school of choice? Does Faton Bauta have to "understand the playbook" backwards and forwards to get a chance to play when he is in his fifth year? What is the determining factor? Not sure I can give an answer.

Many of the talking heads said that Hutson Mason is our quarterback for this reason . . . . he hung in there so it is his turn. Anyone here buy that? Just asking.

Had some hope that Hutson Mason would be a "good relief pitcher", don't get me wrong. Hutson is a good "relief pitcher", he however is not going to get us into the final four or Atlanta from what I have seen.

What does this have to do with 2015 . . . . COACHING.

Many on the internet like to say . . . . lose Richt, you lose those top high school players. OK. Keep Richt and what do those top high school players do for "his system" in Athens? Something like what happened in Columbia yesterday?

Another question. Why did we have our defensive coordinator talking to Mark Richt at the end, especially with time outs that could and should have been called?

Was there a reason that grantham left? He never mentioned Mark Richt's name when he did leave. grantham also took a shot at McGarity, praised his current Athletic Director.

Why do you and I have to question players getting on a bus and going to the Falcons facilities to practice?

Might be that we don't want to get in bed with winning. 8-5 was not a pretty picture. Anyone believe that we will make the trip to Atlanta and face off with the West this season?

Here is where we are, my opinion. Take a close look at those that have won and want to win more championships. At what point can we insert Georgia's name?

Top down, have never disagreed with that wording. Started it on this board. Back it up with posts from the past.

Often I have said, Mark Richt get out of the way. He did yesterday against South Carolina. Then he has a presser and says, maybe I should have ran Todd Gurley. Is that leadership? Yes Mark Richt hears every call, whether offensively or defensively. Mark Richt at this point is as I and others have said before . . . . comfortable in his skin. You and I have to decide just how much leadership is coming from . . . . the "Top Down".

growl, reading some of your past posts, you were very kind to Mark Richt. Today you stepped out and asked "what the hell is going on". I post here, don't have all of the answers, do have some understanding. Bet this . . . . Mark Richt will have many watching his every footstep the rest of the 2014 Season.

Have purposely stayed away from posting, reading all that is posted here, do that everyday.

Reason that I am quoting myself, the beginning of this thread, is because ogredawg posted what myself and others have said or agreed with each other for a long period.

Of course there have been up and downs, most of that has simply been "hope".

Many on the "outside" read what all of us have to say on this site. One of the more popular sites as far as hits go now is referring to Pruitt & Company. Leaving out the name Rocker, dude does not want to appear to be "swiping stuff".

I found of interest in the Thomas Brown article the mention over and over about quarterbacks. Makes very good points. Hard to dodge the truth. Did not see Faton Bauta mentioned one time in the article, possibly missed it, but the majority of the press folks seem to skip over Faton. Makes me wonder why he is wearing the headphones throughout the game. Still learning the system? Heaven forbid. First and goal from the four yard line . . . . the system.

Go back a ways and it has been referred to here in the past. UCF in Memphis, love those field goals. That is still a joke in Central Florida.

Another thought. urban meyer came into the SEC and whipped our butts. Coaching change at Florida, Richt seems to rise up, to a point. Spurrier arrives in South Carolina, did not take long for him to show Richt how it should be done, and it continued on Saturday.

For those that read this board regularly, I say this again. When we talk about the "top down", Mark Richt is not my first thought. Have clearly stated that the "Group" is the top and any of us that believe the "Group" is going to release Mark Richt, stay out of Las Vegas, you are a poor gambling bet.

I copied this from the "tail end" of the Thomas Brown article . . . .Greg McGarity hiding. Jere Morehead hiding. They are also not the top, close but no cigar. At some point all of us that love Georgia Football are going to realize that our program is being run from the "top down", Mark Richt is not the top. Take from that what you wish. More to be said that will hopefully open some eyes. Remember one word I have typed here if you choose . . . . "GROUP". The coaching will not change until, and I use this word often, LEADERSHIP comes from the "Top Down".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: Pulled this paragraph from another site that I mentioned above. Just want to make sure that what I say on this board has purpose. You can look around if you please, it is there to be seen.

Against South Carolina it became abundantly clear that the Bulldogs need IMPACT players along the defensive front. The Bulldogs have some solid players, while others are serviceable but nobody has shown that they can consistently take over a game. Pruitt & Co. is trying to change that with the Class of 2015:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62658 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .
I'm going to duck out after this because I don't want to be labeled an "apologist" or "kool-aid" drinker, but there is a lot of hate being expressed for a QB who is 34-48 with no interceptions after two games against ranked opponents. 140.9 QB rating for the season, 175.7 for the SC game.

If somebody had told you that those would be my QB's numbers through two games, you'd take it.

Unless you already had your mind made up about the QB before the Clemson game started.

go 'dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62659 by Buc

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: I'm going to duck out after this because I don't want to be labeled an "apologist" or "kool-aid" drinker, but there is a lot of hate being expressed for a QB who is 34-48 with no interceptions after two games against ranked opponents. 140.9 QB rating for the season, 175.7 for the SC game.

If somebody had told you that those would be my QB's numbers through two games, you'd take it.

Unless you already had your mind made up about the QB before the Clemson game started.

go 'dawgs

dawgs_fans_dad, there will always be those that will use numbers to support their beliefs, usually when it is in agreement with their thoughts.

Don't care what some have to say, sometimes myself, but what happened against South Carolina with the ball on the four yard line does not reflect in my opinion Hutson Mason calling the play. First off, don't believe he has the same authority that AM did. That series of downs falls on the coaches, period. Hutson was following directions, not a doubt in my mind.

Go back another step. Georgia/Alabama in ATL. AM running down the gridiron and doing what? "Waving his arms" at the sideline, hell, AM plays on the offensive side of the ball, not the grantham side. AM looking for a play call. Same folks that AM questioned in ATL, are now being questioned for the play calling in South Carolina. This is not on Hutson Mason, don't care how strong or lack of velocity he can put on the ball, it was a dumb ass call by "whoever" did that, not much to question on that series.

One more thing that was brought up at the beginning of the South Carolina Game Day Thread . . . . It was said that Sony Michel and Isaiah McKenzie would either both or at least one of them make big plays. They did. What happened is now being questioned. That prediction was made prior to the kickoff.

You ain't drinking the Kool-Aid and you sure as hell are not being labeled an apologist from this corner. Stick around, maybe the best is yet to come. I said that.

Edit: Post #8 in the game day thread.

growl wrote:
I think the Dawgs are going to take care of business today, crowd noise,rain,bright sunshine whatever the conditions. I just believe that UGA is tired of the rhetoric and BS. A team is only so good and talk cant make it any better. GO DAWGS!! GATA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On board with the above. Talk is over. Players have worked, understand against who and where this game is going to be played. We have a solid chance of writing a new chapter for the Red and Black.

Marshall, Michel and McKenzie, something good will come from one or all of the three. No doubts that Gurley and Chubb will keep the South Carolina front loaded with bodies. Tight ends that have talent, here we go.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62661 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .
It's plain to see every body own this board is fed up with what's going own in Athens but bet no body is Mader than Gurley I can only imagine Damn sure I would not be coming back for what to see other people blow my chance at winning a game!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62662 by Buc
The site below gives a clear view of the play. Think it was sflanagan21 that said yesterday that he had watched the play several times. It is in the link listed.

My thoughts, for what they are worth . . . . this is clearly Mark Richt trying to hide behind a bad call from either himself or Mike Bobo, I guess the latter. It is the method used, code of honor, protect our own. Still say it falls on the coaches.

Would ask this question. Anyone on this board that played the game of football ever look like Hutson Mason did on that particular play? Speak up, anyone ever make a mistake playing the game? Bad play call, period. Mark Richt has always used the Bobby Bowden philosophy, and this is a case of that.

Reminds me of the NFL, the more they "chirp" the larger the "pile" grows.

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/coach...-sec-is-on-line-two/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 7 months ago #62663 by Wartdawg

dawgs_fans_dad wrote: I'm going to duck out after this because I don't want to be labeled an "apologist" or "kool-aid" drinker, but there is a lot of hate being expressed for a QB who is 34-48 with no interceptions after two games against ranked opponents. 140.9 QB rating for the season, 175.7 for the SC game.

go 'dawgs

Agree DFD.. agree completely.

Hey.. we knew that Hutson wasn't Murray. Can't pass though? The guy through the ball all over the field in high school. Anyone who thinks that we lost that game because we didn't have Bauta or Park in at QB is nuts. That bum Mason only completed 72% of his passes.

Still though...we knew this would be a more run oriented team, and the best player in the nation is Todd Gurley. We don't throw him the ball in space all game, and then at the most crucial moment of the game... our coaches choose to put the ball in Hutson Mason's hands on
naked boot instead of putting it into the hands of the best player in college football.... from the 4 yard line.

Oh but we had to fake them out because they were jeying on Gurley. Yeah.. their "keying" that still showed him averaging 6.6 yards per carry and that was after having a 54 yard run taken
off the books.

We averaged over 30 yards per reception when we got Michel and McKenzie the ball early out in space... so of course we shelved those plays for the rest of the game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds