Forum

Fall Camp Stuff

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61641 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
I agree all good teachers reach out to the learning level of their students

No question that college ball is a level above HS however early on it is still HS

Students playing the game. Granted they are as a group better than the average HS

Player. they all come from different programs with a mix of instructional backgrounds

CJP and CTR. Are breaking it down so everyone is on the same page to move forward from

Kinda like boot camp. Lesrning the process so you can learn more faster. Go Dawgs

Good Morning.....26 and counting

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61643 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Compared to grantham, these young players just met a "Boot Camp Coach(s)". Break'em down, build'em up. Our defense this season will be much better than last seasons edition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
9 years 8 months ago #61644 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Fall Camp Stuff
New Dawg in Town.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 8 months ago #61645 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Fall Camp Stuff

Buc wrote: Compared to grantham, these young players just met a "Boot Camp Coach(s)". Break'em down, build'em up. Our defense this season will be much better than last seasons edition.

I'm confident of that. Sometimes, there's only one way to go - UP. I will continue to harp on "wrap up and tackle to the ground" and "intercept it if you can, but whatever you do - break up the pass". If we just do THAT MUCH, it's improved over last year already. Heck - honestly, if we just LINE UP OVER THE BALL before the snap - instant improvement!

More
9 years 8 months ago #61646 by Buc

thriller wrote:

Buc wrote: Compared to grantham, these young players just met a "Boot Camp Coach(s)". Break'em down, build'em up. Our defense this season will be much better than last seasons edition.

I'm confident of that. Sometimes, there's only one way to go - UP. I will continue to harp on "wrap up and tackle to the ground" and "intercept it if you can, but whatever you do - break up the pass". If we just do THAT MUCH, it's improved over last year already. Heck - honestly, if we just LINE UP OVER THE BALL before the snap - instant improvement!

thriller, there is no doubt that Pruitt is sold on defensive backs that will play the ball. Another area that was pitiful under grantham. College football more and more has progressed to throwing the football, all universities are looking for the golden arms.

I feel that a large part of how our 2014 Season under Hutson Mason will play out depends on how well our defense operates. No doubt in my mind that Pruitt/Rocker and Company are going to create "heat" for opposing quarterbacks. That leads to interceptions. Interceptions and fumbles can change a game quickly, Pruitt/Rocker understand that. They will coach the front seven to create turnovers . . . . and they will.

Not going to be surprised to see Hutson Mason with very good completion numbers. Running backs that many colleges would love to have. Many schools would be thrilled :) to have our third and fourth string backs.

Might be that the only thing that has held us back for far too long is a lack of teaching/leadership.

Clemson for openers, South Carolina two weeks after that. Much of our 2014 Season could be decided after the first two games, one way or the other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61651 by Buc
Mentioned the below in bold type that I said in the post above.

thriller, there is no doubt that Pruitt is sold on defensive backs that will play the ball./i]

Makes me feel like I know a little something about football.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pruitt, in his first year as Georgia’s defensive coordinator, was asked about Davis last week before practices began.

“He’s got size, he can run, he plays the ball well,” Pruitt said. “He’s extremely smart. He pays attention to detail. He’s got toughness. He’s a good competitor.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Believe Davis to be the replacement for Matthews. As Pruitt said above . . . . “He’s extremely smart.

Matthews did not pay attention to his professors, and apparently to grantham. Or, maybe grantham was not as involved with "teaching" as Pruitt is. Just a thought.

Also read where Auburn folks are real happy with pulling another "reject" from Georgia. Some universities never change their stripes/colors.

Anyone think that Taylor will be the next player to land on campus in Auburn? I said/asked that.

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds