Forum

Fall Camp Stuff

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61672 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Watched the Auburn game again yesterday. We are going to miss AM, kid showed so much heart in that game! Gurley brought it in that game as well.

But what stood out to me the most in that second half was just how athletic and FAST our D and mainly our front 7 was, oh yea and the one's I'm speaking of are still at UGA! When I listen to CJP talk I do NOT hear a coach making excuses, instead I hear a coach who is telling his players to NEVER be satisfied with where you're at. From day one CJP has said if you want to play and be a starter then you're going to have to work hard, learn it and earn it. CJP is a WINNER and his type will never be satisfied with anything less than winning.

I'm not going to say that our D is going to be the best in the Nation or even the SEC this year BUT I will say this, we are going to be way more prepared under CJP and CTR this season. Listen to some of the interviews from some of our kids on D and you will see that they are buying into CJP and company, that's a good thing fellow Dawg fans. We are going to be a way more balanced and prepared unit on D this year, not to mention that we have some STUDS on that side of the ball that will understand their assignments.

Obviously our season will be told in the first 3 weeks (first 2 games). I'm not sleeping on Clemson but I think we have too much firepower for them and it's our home opener. Yea their D is going to be physical but I will always put my money on a healthy Gurley! This game will come down to how well our D plays and how many second half stops we can get. Praying that Fenteng doesn't have a torn labrum!

Buc, yes sir I'm still coaching, first practice was yesterday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61673 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Good read sflanagan21. You and I are definitely on the same page.

Over the years we have seen "spurts of greatness" from individuals. Problem is as you point out, everyone, especially on the defensive side needs to do what I think Pruitt/Rocker and Company brought to Athens . . . . approach SEC football from a different perspective.

Not a doubt in my mind that Tracy Rocker will get the undivided attention of those he spends the most time with. Hope this is Rocker's last stop as a coach. That of course has to be handled wisely.

No way Pruitt left Nick Saban without taking lessons learned with him. Copied this line from your post . . . . CJP is a WINNER and his type will never be satisfied with anything less than winning.

Old internet term . . . . "nuff said".

Good luck with your coaching efforts this season. Stay in touch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 8 months ago #61680 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
I missed it but we beat out FSU and OSU for Patrick Allen. To me that's a daily double

Mac wil bring the building of a indoor practice facility up at the September 20th

Meeting of the Athletic Board. His comment it is time to get it done

It sounds like everyone made it through practice without any serious injuries

Much more at BR on today's practice. Check out our version of the Oklahoma drill video

Good stuff. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61681 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: I missed it but we beat out FSU and OSU for Patrick Allen. To me that's a daily double

Mac wil bring the building of a indoor practice facility up at the September 20th

Meeting of the Athletic Board. His comment it is time to get it done

It sounds like everyone made it through practice without any serious injuries

Much more at BR on today's practice. Check out our version of the Oklahoma drill video

Good stuff. Go Dawgs

Lots of folks had their hats in the ring yd1. Like the fact that ohio state and Penn State did not get this young man. If we (Georgia) get to the point that we can move out of the Southeast and convince players to come our way, things have changed. Alabama has been doing this a lot since Saban took control. Just another step. Looking forwar to Pyke this season doing what real good offensive guards do. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61682 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Truly we now are recruiting all states. I see this as a influence of CTR and CJP as well as

CBM. We are doing our homework. Just like no more walking in practice no more napping

On recruiting. Bet we return phone calls ya think. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61683 by Buc
Was not aware that A.J. Turman would be out with injury for some of the season. More and more it appears to me that Turman will play elsewhere. Fine running back, lots of talent.

McClendon moving forward with Nick Chubb and Sony Michel being reported. Early playing time for both. Still makes me think that Doublas might line up in the fullback/blocking back position.

Good to have "choices", much of that had disappeared for too long. I am one that believes that our coaches have learned from the mistake made with Moreno some time back.

Stay after another offensive lineman. Please.

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds