Forum

Fall Camp Stuff

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61693 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Dawg With Style, think that the fire that has been built under our football players is showing what I consider "positive" results.

Young pups came out "hitting", bound to be as said above, aches and bruises. I would be worried if everyone was 100% after the first serious contact drills. Pups looking for playing time, coaches see and hear contact.

Brother, satisfied with bumps and bruises, don't want "serious stuff" causing the players to wear "green".

Coaches have to love this. Also listened to a Pruitt speak and he said everyone was giving effort. With honest effort comes playing time. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61694 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Yeah Buc I just want to know what's wrong with Fentang I want him own the field!!!

i"m glad i'm not having to tackle those RB I'm afraid Aj Trurman going to be like Richard Samuels? I hope not but :unsure:

Growl they might be listing:

ATHENS - The UGA athletic board will discuss building the football team an indoor practice facility, but that doesn't mean ground will be broken anytime soon, assuming it's approved.

Athletics director Greg McGarity said he will raise the possibility of building one at the Sept. 20 board meeting. He did not indicate that a firm proposal would be on the table, rather a discussion on whether and how to proceed.

The rough estimate is that a facility would cost around $15 million.

"The bottom line is you have to have funding in place to even start the process," McGarity said Tuesday. "There are a lot of things we'll have to discuss. But there are certain baby steps that you have to take to begin the process. That's why we with our board with just talk about it a little bit."

McGarity said there are no renderings of a facility, nor a chosen location. He also hasn't had an in-depth discussion with UGA president Jere Morehead about it, only discussing it "in concept," according to McGarity.

"There are so many things to cover," McGarity said. "There are a lot of moving pieces to this, because this is a huge facility - in space and in dollars."

The football team's lack of a full-length indoor facility has long been a cause celebre' among Georgia fans and the coaching staff. Last year the Bulldogs had to bus to the Atlanta Falcons' indoor facility when it rained in the week leading up to the Georgia Tech game.

McGarity said he has apprised head coach Mark Richt of his intentions for the board meeting.

"We talk about it frequently. It comes up often," McGarity said. "I've told coach we would talk to our board about it and we would discuss it further and go from there."

If the board does vote to get the ball officially rolling, there would still be plenty of other logistics to decide: The location being the major one, and whether to dip into the school's reserve fund or fundraise for it. UGA took a mix of the two options on its most recent big project, the renovations to Foley Field: Once $5 million was raised privately, the school chipped in the remainder for the project, which came in at around $12 million.

The football team's facility won't be the only facility item to be discussed. McGarity listed an equestrian facility and improvements to the tennis facility.

But the football building is the one sure to get the most attention.

"It's always been on our project sheet," McGarity said. "We basically have priorities on that sheet. Some move up quicker than others. But I think it's time to have that discussion

Read more here: www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/08/05/32336....html##storylink=cpy

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61695 by Buc
McGarity uses the term "board". I often refer to them as the "Group".

Baseball at Georgia raises how much capital? The numbers that I saw posted originally for upgrades was 10 million, see where it is somewhere around 12 million. Love baseball but it does not raise money in large enough amounts to be postioned before the "real money maker" when it comes to "furthering the product", that produces maximum income.

Song and dance continues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
9 years 8 months ago #61700 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Fall Camp Stuff

Buc wrote: McGarity uses the term "board". I often refer to them as the "Group".

Baseball at Georgia raises how much capital? The numbers that I saw posted originally for upgrades was 10 million, see where it is somewhere around 12 million. Love baseball but it does not raise money in large enough amounts to be postioned before the "real money maker" when it comes to "furthering the product", that produces maximum income.

Buc, I just read the other day that McGarity is sitting on about $70 million in cash reserves. According to Forbes, UGA made $40 million in profit last year. There's plenty of dough for this project.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61701 by Buc

thriller wrote:

Buc wrote: McGarity uses the term "board". I often refer to them as the "Group".

Buc, I just read the other day that McGarity is sitting on about $70 million in cash reserves. According to Forbes, UGA made $40 million in profit last year. There's plenty of dough for this project.

thriller, know that you are a numbers guy. I have looked out and best I can tell over and above what we have now and the income from the SEC Newtwork, impossible to hide true, had numbers. While the numbers at this point at not hard, the are within the "curve".

Some folks like to "brag" about money in the bank. Nothing wrong with that. Some folks that help put that money there like to see a return on their investment. Like it or not, we are not in the 1950's when baseball was America's Game. That was the 1950's and started to fall in the middle 1960's. Hard for "anyone" to argue the point that "football is Amercia's sport".

Watching McGarity as close as I can, fast believing he is a "spin master". In football terms, "coach speak". There are those outside the "Group" that are playing close attention to McGarity and the Group, beginning to see some wavering from them.

Amazing thriller that we are allowing ourselves to be "used". What the heck, allow the prospects to make their visits, especially those that "every" college football team wants and we are watching McGarity and the Group act like they need to have a seat in Washington, D.C. Nothing gets done there either.

Simple question from me to anyone on this board and the others that read here. What has Greg McGarity done of consequence since his arrival in Athens? Not being ugly, just asking a question that I ask my Senators and Representatives often. If I am spending my money, explain to me how it is being used. Just a thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
9 years 8 months ago #61704 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Fired baseball and gymnastics coach. Gave raises to his staff. Said he was upset at players getting in trouble

With the law. Kept the group happy by not making waves. Has a winning smile.

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds