Forum

Fall Camp Stuff

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61628 by yankeedawg1
Fall Camp Stuff was created by yankeedawg1
I thought it might work out to have a thread were we can dump stuff about fall camp we come across so....

"Theus on freshman outside linebacker Lorenzo Carter: “Lorenzo’s definitely got some quick twitch, he’s long. He reminds me of Leonard (Floyd) for sure. He’s fast. Good player, great motor. And, Theus said, he has “a little bit of a nasty streak.”

from the ABH Sunday paper...... Buc see one of your favorite words used when talking about linemen

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61630 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Fall Camp Stuff

yankeedawg1 wrote: I thought it might work out to have a thread were we can dump stuff about fall camp we come across so....

"Theus on freshman outside linebacker Lorenzo Carter: “Lorenzo’s definitely got some quick twitch, he’s long. He reminds me of Leonard (Floyd) for sure. He’s fast. Good player, great motor. And, Theus said, he has “a little bit of a nasty streak.”

from the ABH Sunday paper...... Buc see one of your favorite words used when talking about linemen

Steve some good pics also from camp at onlineathens.com Go Dawgs

yankeedawg1, I still get a "chuckle" when guys are Juniors and Seniors referring to the young men below them in grade level as "kids". Spit, if they only knew. AM was one to do that, a lot. :)

Like your thread selection.

Seems there is a lot of "build up" to Lorenzo Carter. Appears there is some validity to that since practice has started. Maybe we have a good season and others of Lorenzo's talent level sign on with the Red and Black rather than going elsewhere.

grantham was the defensive coordinator when LC was being recruited. grantham left and Pruitt/Rocker and Company signed on, hard for me to believe that grantham was Carter's reason for choosing UGA. Believe Lorenzo said it came down to Georgia/LSU. grantham's "ego" had departed for Louisville and LC signed on. Go figure.

Might be that we "never" see a National Championship Trophy in Athens again. Sure would like to keep some of the "kids" at home and reach the "final four".

Great believer in time in grade. While Pruitt might be making "excuses" . . . . this is his first season in Athens. Judging based on one year, small wonder some jump on "words".

"Egos" are easily bruised, some like todd grantham never get the message. grantham, meyer, has to be "us". They have been on a different level, a level that you and I don't understand . . . . "they think".

What I see going on with Pruitt is the same thing that "I" saw happening with Erk. Some things you can get me to compromise on, ER is not one of them.

Say again, will have a lot to say on this thread yd1. Good on you for "thread selection". :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61631 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Erk could walk out on the practice field today and start teaching

Much has changed in football since his day however still believe that the fundamentals and

Good techniques remain That's what sets CJP apart from those who held the position before

Him. IMO he still approaches the players as if they were in HS. He will teach and take

Them to the college level. Think CTR has the same approach. A very good thing

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61632 by Buc
yankeedawg1, cannot tell you how much it would have meant to me and others for the University of Georgia to have done the right thing. VD will always keep "skating" . . . . will never admit that Erk was the right choice to replace him. VD knew that Erk was the right choice, did not want to see success taken to another level after he left.

Say again, look at VD's choices as the Athletic Director, draw your conclusions.

Erk's time in Statesboro speaks for itself. The young pups on this board never understood what VD hid from everyone. Has been several years since I have said this on this board, my memory is long and truthful.

The history is there, check the head football coaches appointed by VD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61633 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
From the outside looking in with VD moving to AD it might have been a better thing that Erk

Went to Statesboro. He was able to run that program his way may not have happened like that

in Athens. I know his love for the R & B still he touched many lives at GS

Good stuff. Today was first day in shells. Full pads coming soon Nasty......

Just sounds good to say it. GATA ....nasty defense.... not putting a fake juice on the

Field this year. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61636 by Buc
You make a good point about the "what if". Erk knew that VD was leaving the post soon, but a dummy Erk was not.

Erk was a good teammate in college, good high school coach, one of the best ever at motivating college players.

Erk showed the same qualities that Pruitt/Rocker and Company are living by in Athens. Being teachers, all of the above recognized that even though the young players were in college, many still had the high school mentality. Not a bad thing, just young pups that were still "wet behind the ears". Often said here, leadership was needed.

Pruitt/Rocker and Company are not dummies either. All knew that Mark Richt was not going to be able to enforce and lead the UGA football team to a higher level. Six and eight win seasons were mingled in with better years. Often we referred to it as yo-yo football.

First thing that the defensive coaches did upon arrival . . . . let it be known that grantham was gone and there would no longer be "favortism" as exhibited by urban meyer in Florida. Our program was at a crossroad as far as I am concerned. My opinion, ball is no longer in Mark Richt's hands, it is now a committee sharing the load. Some also call that team work.

Good Monday morning. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds