Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61716 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Took this from a interview with Chris Mayes. I can't help but to get excited from the talk that's coming out of the classic city. Waiting to see how it translates to the field.

Have the new coaches changed much in how you play? What has Coach Rocker brought to your game since he got here?
MAYES: Coach Rocker, he simplifies everything. He starts basic. He doesn’t just jump into advances techniques, because there’s no reason to go into the advanced stuff if you don’t know the simple stuff. So he just breaks it down and works on each individual based on their skill set. He doesn’t just throw moves and say, ‘Do this.’ He works with you and your skill set.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 8 months ago #61719 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Fall Camp Stuff

DAWGtm wrote: Took this from a interview with Chris Mayes. I can't help but to get excited from the talk that's coming out of the classic city. Waiting to see how it translates to the field.

Have the new coaches changed much in how you play? What has Coach Rocker brought to your game since he got here?
MAYES: Coach Rocker, he simplifies everything. He starts basic. He doesn’t just jump into advances techniques, because there’s no reason to go into the advanced stuff if you don’t know the simple stuff. So he just breaks it down and works on each individual based on their skill set. He doesn’t just throw moves and say, ‘Do this.’ He works with you and your skill set.

DAWGtm, with coaching like this, at some point we get better. Players feel this way about their coaching staff . . . . they don't give up easily in games.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61731 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Fall Camp Stuff
DWS, I sure hope everyone is right about McKenzie. But I'm afraid if he goes that far backwards against SEC speed, he's going to get us pinned inside our 10, or worse . . . give someone the ball inside our 10. SEC speed is not an illusion - they are ALL fast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61738 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Good read and video.
Todd Gurley at line backer :pinch:

b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid...U-VOdA.U-VOdA.JUzjOg

another link;
dlvr.it/6YbsS3

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago #61745 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
I have been searching for reports on yesterday's evening scrimmage

According to the ABH. All made it without any serious injuries. A very good thing

Like spring ball it was the ones against the ones and twos against the twos

Offense moved the ball but not easily longest pass 30 yards longest run 19yds by NC

Who lead all RB. Defense accounted itself well HM commented that the most noticeable

Thing is everyone is running to the ball and the tackling is better

Players have today off then 6 more practices in a row. All in all a good first scrimmage

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Dawg With Style

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds