Forum

Fall Camp Stuff

9 years 8 months ago #61652 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
JJ Green will be a "ball hawk" and a game changer on D this year!

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #61653 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Fall Camp Stuff

sflanagan21 wrote: JJ Green will be a "ball hawk" and a game changer on D this year!

GO DAWGS

sflanagan21, guess I have different thoughts about our defense this season.

Do not believe that the "talented players" understood what to do. No surprise in that statement.

grantham signed on as defensive coordinator with Louisville, said from the beginning he would be coaching the defensive backs. Another piece of BS from the "million dollar man".

No longer claiming that area of . . . . get this . . . . coaching expertise. In his football coaching career never has he been a defensive backfield coach. A small sampling of information checks prove that to be true. He is no longer the db coach, he is now only the defensive coordinator. Good luck Louisville. He is a short timer under BP.

Agree with JJ Green, another young man that "understands" what is being "taught".

Some say that we will be better in the second half of the year. Don't disagree with that assessment, but I am one that believes the talent we have along with believing in the coaches on defense, we will be fine from the opening whistle.

This group of defensive coaches understand how to get across the simple matter of 2 + 2 equals 4.

2 + 2 never added up to the correct number under grantham.

There are several young men on campus now that will change the way football has been played under Mark Richt. That is how "I" feel. Finally . . . . I hope that we have the right coaches that understand football this day and time. Buying in on the group that I call Pruitt/Rocker and Company.

You still coaching?

More
9 years 8 months ago #61655 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Really hate to do this..but from are friend pouty and the AJC rag... maybe it much to do about nothing

It remains to be seen if it’s anything serious, but Georgia cornerback Shattle Fenteng was ushered out of practice and into the training room Monday afternoon.

Ron Courson, Georgia’s director of sports medicine, looked to be inspecting Fenteng’s shoulder and arm area in the training shed by Woodruff Practice Fields during Period 4 of Monday’s practice in shoulder pads and helmets. UGA officials did not immediately have any information on Fenteng’s situation and won’t until sometime after practice, if then.

Fenteng, a junior college transfer from Grayson by way of Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College, has been impressive during the first four days of the Bulldogs’ preseason camp. Once rated the No. 1 junior college prospect at cornerback, the 6-foot-2, 190-pound athlete has been competing for the starting job at Georgia’s boundary cornerback position.

Meanwhile, it appears the injury news with regard to tight end Jay Rome is not bad. The 6-foot-6, 254-pound junior, who is coming off offseason foot surgery, hobbled off the field early in Sunday’s practice. But he was back on the field Monday without any noticeable limitations.

In other injury news, sophomore outside linebacker Leonard Floyd was practicing in a green, non-contact jersey on Monday for an unknown ailment. Also, inside linebacker Ramik Wilson was present but not dressed out for Monday’s practice.

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61656 by Buc
Maybe I have been "pulled in" to the chatter of a new season. OK, I confess. Have been caught with the bright light of the cops flashlight we me in the backseat of my 1952 Chevy Convertible with a Continental Kit.

I will watch closer with more attention to detail to this group on defense than any since Erk left.

Difference in "player speak" this season? The BS has been off loaded to Louisville and Auburn.

I do know this . . . . ball takes funny bounces. Is that an excuse, no, it is a fact. Anyone remember the 2013 Auburn game?

Many have watched the video below, but one thing I believe, the "Reverend" will be a problem for folks like Clemson and South Carolina.

Might have to "cull" a couple more. When the starting lineups are made, some will not be happy. Best thing for those young pups to do is begin to "understand" and prove why they should be "starters". On the defensive side, Pruitt/Rocker and Company have opened the "entire system" FOR ALL. No "excuses" for not making the starting lineup. Don't believe there will be "teachers pets" with this group of defensive coaches.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 8 months ago #61658 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Fall Camp Stuff
Hey Buc what about fender skirts?? Fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror

No your not mistaken. As I said earlier. Much has changed since Toddy went north

Yes. Still need to see it on the field. Back in NY in my youger days spent time at

Watkins Glenn. Watching Formula One racing... you could tell during practice

When a car was running right sound tells all. Coaches and players sound tuned working on

Tires and handling getting ready for game prep. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #61662 by Buc
Watching some video, check out Jeb Blazevich #83 at the end of this video. Definitely will play this season. Lilly keeps his eyes on #83, guarantee anyone that Lilly has that route and catch filed away.

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/...lazevich_908833.html

Mentioned a fews days ago Quayvon Hicks having some "team" problems after looking good on a couple of plays early in his playing time.

Well, seems Lilly had a little something to say to Quayvon about becoming a part. Don't need ego's. Seems some of the teachings from the defensive side have found their way to the offense. That is a good thing.

“We feel like it helps him see the ball a little better,” said Georgia tight ends coach john Lilly. “He had the old one on and then we asked him the next day when he came out there if Brice [Ramsey] had knocked some of those bars out from some of the balls that were hitting him upside the head that first day. But I just think it’s something that lends itself better to the position that he’s trying to play.”

Referring to a face mask change.

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds