Forum

Hoops

6 years 1 month ago #78404 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Hoops
I appreciate you guys letting me post here. Sorry about my marathon posting the other night, but my favorite site is locked down and needed to post, lol...

I have not watched a uga bb game in ten years, maybe more. Played a lot back in the day, and I may just watch some games and offer my opinion. Just, FYI, I know a lot more about hoops than futbol...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #78406 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Hoops
Dominique and Vern Flemming. ONLY uga bb players I can name. Without the googler, how many can yoos long time fans name?

More
6 years 1 month ago #78407 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Hoops
Buc, listening to sports talk radio this morning, and just heard exactly what you pointed out . . . when you are a "coach" and you know that you are underperforming and the media knows it and calls you out on it, always "defend your players" who have never even been questioned. I have to believe he embarrassed himself just a little on that one.

scooby

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Alec Kessler
Jarvis Hayes
Vern Flemming
Willie Anderson
Terry Fair
Steve Waxman

And those are just the ones who immediately come to mind. I'm sure if I search my memory banks, I'd come up with a few more. Your point?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 1 month ago #78408 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Hoops
Thriller, both of us have been around more than once. Sometimes hard for those that are not progressing to accept personal criticism. Have no reason to believe that Fox will become a legend, even in his own mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78429 by Buc
Ashton Hagans

thriller wrote: Buc, listening to sports talk radio this morning, and just heard exactly what you pointed out . . . when you are a "coach" and you know that you are underperforming and the media knows it and calls you out on it, always "defend your players" who have never even been questioned. I have to believe he embarrassed himself just a little on that one.

scooby

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Alec Kessler
Jarvis Hayes
Vern Flemming
Willie Anderson
Terry Fair
Steve Waxman

And those are just the ones who immediately come to mind. I'm sure if I search my memory banks, I'd come up with a few more. Your point?

Thriller thought of you when I read this article in 24/7. While there appears to be other colleges being approached by the FBI for bad behaviour, I am glad UGA is not one of them. That however does not alter my thoughts about Fox running the UGA Basketball program. Noticed McGarity was quick to hit the media saying Fox is clean. That is all well and good, however it does not move our program any further along in the basketball world. While Fox might know everything related to basketball ins and outs, very evident that UGA Basketball has gone as far as it can under Fox and his teaching and recruiting. Basketball under Fox reminds me of UGA Football prior to Kirby Smart . . . . Roller Coaster Ride, year after year.

Article below by Ashton Hagans

Five-star junior point guard Ashton Hagans just decommitted from Georgia, according to Game Elite coach Chris Williams.

"He's opening up his recruitment, but he's also considering Georgia in the future," Williams said.

Hagans verbally committed to Mark Fox on Dec. 21 over the likes of Florida State, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Tennessee and a host of others.

The Newton (Ga.) High standout is ranked No. 8 in the 247Sports Composite and No. 6 in the Top247.

Hagans is regarded as the No. 1 point guard in the country and the No. 1 player in Georgia. He has the best handles in the class as well, according to our 2018 superlatives.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #78436 by Buc
Interesting read. Some seriously good points made in the article, no denying that.

georgiabasketballblog.com/another-late-b...-ruins-senior-night/
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds