Forum

Hoops

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78497 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Hoops
Anyone remember the sad state of affairs when we were trying to hire a defensive coordinator? Referring to the hiring of Todd Grantham. Believe that Grantham ended up being the fourth or fifth person interviewed for the job. What we are going through now appears to me to be along the same lines as the Grantham hiring. Think most of us know how that ended.

My opinion . . . . McGarity was "used" by Thad Matta and those that council Matta on job selection(s). Personally do not believe that Thad Matta will coach college basketball again, he however has to show some "effort" to Ohio State proving he is trying to find work.

Greg McGarity was an "assistant" to Jeremy Foley in Florida for a reason. McGarity does not have the necessary skills to be Georgia's athletic director, sure was not invited back to Gainesville, Florida when Foley stepped down. Too many miscalculations by McGarity since being appointed athletic director. University of Georgia can do better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78498 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Hoops
From what I heard thru some rumor mills is that the AD changed the way the bonuses would be paid to Matta AFTER they had agreed on the contract. Matta then decided that he was not "ready" to return to the coaching ranks. I mean after all why would you bring your wife down to Athens when an announcement was imminent and then all of a sudden change your mind and head back north after accepting 4 million a year, I know for certain it was not Athens that turned them off being the most beautiful city and one of the best places to live in the state......

Matta has a proven track record of getting his teams to the dance and going deep into the tourney all the way to the final 4....Georgia lost a good one

AD HAS GOT TO GO period..........

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78507 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Hoops
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds