Forum

Hoops

6 years 2 months ago #78395 by yankeedawg1
Hoops was created by yankeedawg1
Lordy......Our hoop program has a pulse...... two back to back quality wins,,,

Way early but Dawgs have the number one recruiting basketball class for 2019...

Long ways to go..... baby step in the right direction....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #78396 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Hoops
After reading the article below, have this to say about the Fox remark(s) concerning covrage.

Fox reminds me a lot of McGarity and some politicians. Problems never seem to sit on their roost, always another reason or cause for anyone questioning "them".

Most of the copy that I have read over the past few weeks did not point a finger at the players, middle digit was pointed directly at the coach and his lack of coaching up to his "pay grade".

Fox played the game that is so often played when coaches have come close to hitting the unemployed line.

What I watched Georgia do Saturday was get the ball in the hole to the bigs, not often done with this group, I call Fox on that.

Supposedly Fox has a solid group coming to play in Athens, good. I remember many years of another coach that often had good athletes year after year and he no longer takes up residence in Athens.

On Fox I call BS. Will not leave Athens and make the same money, will at best be someones assistant.

Congratulations to the players, you did what "talented players" do . . . . play basketball.

Good read Seth Emerson.

Copied from the article.
“I know some people don’t like our players. I mean some of you, don’t like our players,” Fox said, speaking slowly to reporters gathered after his team’s 73-62 win over Tennessee. “But I love them. And this league is a monster. And you’re going to have ups and downs. We had a couple of games where we didn’t play well. They stuck together and just kept trying to get better and play the game the right way.

www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/georg...-pointed-words-press
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 2 months ago #78397 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Hoops
Now if we could only rid our basketball program of coach speak.... as we have with football...

Maybe like results would follow.....hmmmmm...

Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago #78398 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Now if we could only rid our basketball program of coach speak.... as we have with football...

Maybe like results would follow.....hmmmmm...

Go Dawgs.....

Read more than Seth's article yd1, just to be sure that there are differing opinions among those writing about our BB team. Seth has for some time looked at the BB team and I get the impression he is "interested" in something other than football.

Do not go for "passing the buck" and that is in my mind exactly what Fox did during his presser. Took Fox most of the year to understand that Tyree Crump belongs on the floor. Gives us a chance at a three and he does what others have had a problem doing . . . . getting the ball to the bigs in the hole. Bigs played a serious game around the rim against Tennessee. Fox was content for Crump to sit, since Crump's role has increased, our fortunes have improved. Was reported correctly in my opinion that Crump was needed, that was being said by the "players".

Still having a problem with inbound passes. Touraments start, tape will be studied in depth by the competition. That is if we are selected to participate.

Overall game coaching, cannot in good conscience give Fox good marks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 2 months ago #78399 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Hoops
Agree Buc.... Seth is about Georgia sports.... all Georgia sports not just football as you correctly noted....

Also can remember him joining the ranks of the AJC ...and falling pry to Pouty..... I feel he has found his footing and is longer

rubber stamping what is the water being carried by others at the AJC...

I bet my Moon pie and RC Cola that he has another opportunity in his back pocket if he ever chooses to move on....

Delightful day in the Classic City..... yard work calling..... Georgia begging for a walk also...

Stay well.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago #78400 by Buc
Excellent points yankeedawg1. Seth replaced David Hale, hated to see David leave. Emerson is a very talented journalist, worried me for a while that "Pouty" had pulled rank on another newcomer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds