Forum

Hoops

6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #78448 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Hoops
Have decided basketball under the current head coach is either . . . . Lack of talented coaching or . . . . Lack of talented coaching. At this level of basketball, not being able to "inbound the ball" proves the above statement. We have been unable to "inbound the ball" against every team that we have played. Seems to me that every sports program in Athens is suffering from the same "condition" . . . . needing an athletic director that can do more than count beans. Apparently the President is comfortable with a lack of leadership by both the head coaching and athletic director's office(s).

Watched the Duke/North Carolina game last night, needed to refresh myself on the game of basketball and the way it is coached.

The question is asked in the article below if Mark Fox will remain in Athens . . . . My answer is he will until some decisions are made above his pay grade. Most or many of the FANS know that there is more than "one weak link" in the chain of command.

georgiabasketballblog.com/georgia-blows-...ead-loses-tennessee/

EDIT . . . . Interesting comments, everyone commenting seems to be on the same page. McGarity? Who the heck knows, watched this song and dance since his arrival in Athens. Florida swept the floor and we get . . . . THIS

www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/georg...ennessee-comes-short
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #78449 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Hoops
Sadly.....Scrooge just carries the water for the Row..

Never understood the thought process...

We are a Football school.....hoop’s. distant second...

Why can’t we be successful in both.....

Using that thinking how did we enjoy such success in swimming and diving or tennis..and gymnastics...... coaching......hmmmmm

Need to find a Kirby clone who coaches basketball...And is hungry...

Any long term Coach K assistant wouldn’t be a bad place to start.....

Thankfully we moved out of the woods on football...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #78450 by Buc
Ever notice when we get on a scoring spree(?) one thing for sure is going to happen? The opposing coach will call a time out and adjust to what we are doing. Problem comes when our coach seems to be lost at that point. Does not adjust to the adjustment made by the other teams coach. Sure as heck reminds me of football coaching (lack of) for so many years in Athens. Football language was "half time adjustments". Same language can be applied to our basketball coach. Time for UGA Basketball to get into the "game", UGA Football made a major step with a coaching change. There was a lot of chatter when MR was released, seems that most of the "noise" has disappeared.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #78451 by Buc
One of my reasons for posting the article below when discussing basketball is this . . . .

Kirby Smart stepped up and did what was needed in the situation below, concerning an assistant. Decision made and bet this . . . . Greg McGarity was not involved in the "final outcome".

Greg McGarity as has been posted over and over on Dawgs.com is the person that needs to be relieved of his "spot". Fox needs to go, little doubt. That however is not going to be the "needed" change for Georgia to move forward in all areas, not just football. Greg McGarity and those that keep him in his "spot" are the ones that can and should make a "real change". Bothers me when FANS are "penalized" for the "short comings" of those that supposedly are "doing their job".

One of Jeremy Foley's assistants at Florida was Greg McGarity, many know that. When Foley hung it up in Gainesville, Florida, there was not a single voice in the Sunshine State that wanted his replacement to be Greg McGarity. Yes, there is a "good old boy" thingy going on in Athens. Took FANS, alumni and men that played football at UGA to finally let the upper element know that change was needed and "demanded".

Change usually starts with a "squeaky wheel", then those that demand to be heard and respected for their knowledge and support of the University of Georgia finally have their day in court. Thanks to Dean Legge for being one of those that care about the Univrersity of Georgia, not like too many in the media that play the print game for the "clicks". If the surf rises high enough, the media surrounding UGA will catch a "wave to ride". What's new?

www.chatsports.com/georgia-bulldogs/a/re...5-star-recruit-32204
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #78452 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic Hoops
I like everything about Mark Fox.....except for the way he coaches his BB team. Playing time for back court players is all wrong. The young guards need to play more and Jackson needs to play less - his occasional 'no, no, oh never mind' plays pale in comparison to his horrible turnovers and bricks which are much more prevalent. With the front court talent on this season's team, we should've been much more competitive, and even dominant, in more games. There was no consistency in improvement and in performance from week to week. There were way too many blown leads that became losses, some were double digit leads late in games.

I don't see light at the end of the tunnel.

And that goes for baseball too..... We fired a Georgia guy who had taken us to great heights and hired a one hit wonder that has us languishing in the wilderness of mediocrity, and sometimes worse. Who hired this guy....?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #78456 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Hoops
I watched the unc dook game. In bb it’s recruiting way more than coaching. Ole scoob could win with the talent coach k brings to his prestigious university.

That’s a dang tough place to get in. How he recruits/wins with the strict academic requirements is amazing. Great man and coach, lol...

Edit: really the first bb game I watched this year. Just lost interest in the game.

Edit 2: my kids went to hs with a kid that got recruited and played football at duke. They said he was dumb as a box o rocks. Just funny how prestigious universities drop their standards to give a kid a chance when the kid is strong/fast.

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds