Hoops

6 years 1 month ago #78491 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Hoops
$625,000. Greg McGarity's base salary.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #78492 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Hoops
Maybe Greg is incompetent and needs to be fired. I sure don’t know.

But 625k is chicken feed these days for NCAA sports. Salaries have gotten crazy.

Those NCAA guys are pretty dang smart. Sucking in the dough....

They got me to. I’ll say this is bs how they have latched on to state supported ed.....

But Saturday night when the big game is aired, I’m watching. And betching too. Lol.

More
6 years 1 month ago #78493 by Buc
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 1 month ago #78494 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Hoops

Buc wrote: Question . . . . Think there is enough diversity on this board to mention the following . . . .

With the exception of Jonas Hayes, do not see where any coaches that are black are being talked about or considered for the vacant coaching job.

Black players make up the majority of basketball and football. What are the reason(s) there is such silence? Can black players make up the majority of the game but cannot move past the playing stage?

An example of the above in football. Short and to the point . . . . Coach Dell McGee has proven that he can and does go into the "communities" and make recruiting changes quickly. Several before McGee did not come close to keeping talented young men "home".

From where I sit, some serious soul searching needs to occur.

Much more can and will be said . . . .

That’s a good question. And one I’m not messing with at this time. :)

More
6 years 1 month ago #78495 by Buc
Greg McGarity is the guy you want at your poker table because he cannot read his opponents.

The copy above was pulled from the article below.

While some might not agree . . . . If Georgia puts together a basketball team that reaches greater heights than has happened in Athens for too long, not only does it benefit the University with more and better media coverage, it actually enhances our football teams recruiting area. Anyone think that many of the young men on the football team in Athens now did not play on the hard courts? Not a doubt in my mind that many that come to UGA to play football are in attendance for home basketball games. Gives the media a sterling chance to promote not only their places of employment, shines a "brighter" light on Georgia Athletics "overall". Time to understand the "necessity" of performing consistently on the hard wood. Good read below, guess I can say that . . . . I have the same thoughts.

georgiabasketballblog.com/thad-matta-gra...asses-greg-mcgarity/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 1 month ago #78496 by Buc
Dick Vitale pushing extra hard for the Tom Crean hire. Mentions Crean being on campus with Kirby Smart, calling it the "dynamic duo".

Stand by my choice, Tubby Smith. Tubby was offered and took the Kentucky job for one reason, he is a basketball coach. Tubby Smith and Jonas Hayes in my mind is more suited to being labeled the "Dynamic Duo". Both would turn our program around quickly.

Greg McGarity not taking the time to talk with Tubby Smith, if that is the case, will not surprise me. Single biggest hiring mistake made at Georgia in a higher position ever, Greg McGarity. Say again, wipe the dust off of your tennis racket and do UGA a huge favor . . . . leave.

www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/dick-...gias-next-head-coach
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds