Forum

GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS

7 years 7 months ago #74889 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
Thanks for the report from the field Ogredawg. Good insights.

Good to see you back Getdown11.

My thoughts? We know it is a rebuilding / new coach year. It is what it is. Restocking the cupboard was always on the list, still is.

Go back to the junk yard, lick the wounds, get to work on next week.

Orange is coming to Athens from an exceptional game. Their mojo will be full steam ahead.

Lots of work ahead for Kirby Smart and Company.
Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74890 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
Believe that Seth Emerson was on target with most of the article below.

Has been said that our "high ranking" in pass defense in 2015 was because we had "enough" of a pass rush to aid the defensive backfield. I can buy into that, especially after watching the game and some of the comments by ogredawg, and others.

Allow me this . . . . I believe that we still have some of the "hangover problems" from our "many coaching changes". There will always be those that wear the cleats that have special feelings toward certain coaches. That is the reason that I use the word "hangover".

Often I chirp about the "star stuff". That too comes from many of those coming out of high school that have been . . . . allow me this also, have said this often . . . . Big Man on Campus. Many young men "use the media" and are often rewarded with "stars" because of the hype for clicks.

Back to the defensive front. ogredawg was spot on when he said that Trenton Thompson was double teamed in the Ole Miss game. That has been the "process" that other teams have used against us from the beginning of the 2016 Season. That is solid coaching from the "otherside". Watch film from our other games, Trenton Thompson has no help. Time for TT to get loud and large. Been known to happen when FANS and media are not allowed to see what is needed to be done, not for "others" to see. That is the "LEADERSHIP" that Coach Smart opened with in his first press conference in Athens as a "need to, must have, must do".

TT deserves every rating that has been given to him . . . . some not going to like me for this . . . . we have a five star, rated by the media that has been an absolute "zero" when it comes to SEC Football and playing on Saturdays. Pruitt left him on the sideline last season, maybe we will see that again in 2016. Most of you know the players name.

Yes, Coach Smart said that our defensive backs were rewarded with better play from the front 6 or 7 in front of them.

YouTube has the entire game if anyone wants to take a serious look. Kirby Smart did nothing more than tell the truth from the beginning.

www.dawgnation.com/football/georgias-sec...grasping-for-answers

EDIT: The entire game.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74891 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
We interrupt this thread to announce that LSU coach Les Miles and OC Cam Cameron have beem fired.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 7 months ago #74892 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
This was bound to happen, but just happened sooner than I thought. Short of pulling a miracle season out, Malzahn is next.

I'm not a fan of firing a coach mid-season unless it's something so egregious that it has to happen. This was not the case with Miles. If they figure that the season is lost, which obviously they do by making this move, then what is the harm in letting Les play out the season and continue recruiting for the school so that the program stands less of a chance of losing big commits? They're not going to keep Orgeron after this season anyway, so they've just thrown every commit to LSU into jeopardy and given them a long time to re-think LSU as their choice and open up their recruiting to other schools. Not a smart move by LSU.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74893 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
Where they messed up was keeping him last
season. They knew it was time but then Les got all emotional and they broke down and let him stay.

When you've gotten to that point, you should just go ahead and make the move despite the crying. Really, nothing good was going to come of it... Les and everyone else knew a lot of powerful people who influence the program wanted him gone.

You can't let emotion drive the decision. It never works out and you're just prolonging the inevitable.
You prolong the inevitable and the program suffers.

Been there... seen that... own the tee-shirt.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74894 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
Yeah didn't really surprise me either.

I guess Les was given the ultimatum of playoff or bust.

LSU will probably be going after Herman hard.

I think with Les gone, that makes Saban the longest tenured head coach in the SEC.

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds