Forum

GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74852 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
What's funny is that through the first three games some accuse me of being overly negative and pointing out our deficiencies: Today, here on this very site, we have some people who are very disheartened, but I on the other hand, am not. I know these are not Smart's players and the state our program was left in has been exposed. Let the Richt sycophants come out all they want... I'll have more than a few words for them.

On the positive side, our much maligned (and deservedly so) O-line was able to do a couple of things (we ran for 230). Our young backs showed some things as well.

Granted we saw some things that looked ugly as well, but the termite damage needs to be fully exposed before you start the rebuilding. There were things that Kirby had seen in practice but there are also things that only full speed competition can vet out, so I don't hold this staff responsible for not having fixed them at this point. Richt had 14 years... me thinks we need to give KS at least 2. (and just for the record... the result of those 14 years were what we saw today).

So while scooby is probably the only one here who is happy today, fear not Bulldog nation:
It's going to get better and the beatings we may take in 2016 are going to make us stronger and better fighters in 2017.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, SouthernDawg, BullDawg2010, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74853 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
Like I have said from the start, Wartdawg, this is NOT and never was GOING TO BE our championship season. Maybe next year, or the year after that (based on the scope of our problems right now). But next year, we will start the season with a SEASONED QB.

Don't get too down!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74854 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
Today we saw what happens when you recruit merely off of "stars" and not size and speed, thanks Richt!

If you really take a close look at our players Richt has been recruiting the last 3-4 years you'll see it. And now Smart is stuck with what could possibly be the worst O line, D line, kickers and receivers that have played at UGA in a long time! We have zero depth on both lines, receiver position and corner. Yea we have some solid freshman on the o line but obviously they're not ready to play.

We've been fooled with top recruiting classes for the past few years and if finally caught up with us this year. Not to mention that we have a freshman QB and an almost entire new coaching staff. We have the right man for the job and by 2018 we fans will be reaping the benefits. You don't coach under Saban for 8 years, win 4 NC and not know what you're doing! Look at the type of kids he is recruiting and unless you're a complete idiot you'll see what direction our program is heading!

As far as the game goes, I figured Ole Miss would handle us pretty easily as they're a VERY good team with some absolute freaks at the receiver position and Kelly will be playing on Sunday's next year. But I never thought we would look so bad in the process, but it just goes to show how bad Richt left things! Pretty sure we would be 0-4 with Lambert starting every game if Richt was still here! Our staff can only do so much and I'm sure they all knew this exposure was coming at some point.

Eason still has a very long ways to go. I saw a lot of bad reads again and the fact that he can't scramble very well at all drives me crazy! But he is growing and learning on the job and IF he can beat out Fromm next year he will be a lot better and those reads will be a lot easier. He did have a crap load of drop passes again but he was also off on a lot of passes too. I still have hope for him and I'm sure he will be way better by seasons end. BUT Fromm is the total package and will be competing for that job next year. The best man will win and that fight between the two will make each of them better.

Hardman finally got in on punt return and made a great tackle, missed a tackle but was always the first man down the field. Hardman is a big part of the puzzle in the future and he will be a household name sooner than later. I really love Herrien, kid looks crisp when running the ball and you can tell he loves football! Holyfield impressed me the few times he touched the rock, kinda runs like Chubb but a little more burst and more slippery. The future looks bright in the backfield.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 7 months ago #74855 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
The only thing I disagree with you on is Lambert starting. MR would have played Eason and delayed the return of Chubb so he could have used freshman QB and injury as an excuse for this season and a promise of "wait till next year"!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74856 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
Didn't watch the game, just now checking out stats, etc.

Not happy with this butt kicking. i always thought of ole miss as a pushover team. Times they are a changing.

I thought Tennessee was going to be great this year. See Florida is whipping them. Gators will win east from what I'm seeing.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74857 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
Also, get tired of reading how this years problems are last years coaches fault. Coach em up etc. . .

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds