Forum

GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75349 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS OLE MISS
This is the post that I believe ogredawg mentioned in another thread.
Check the thank you hits at the bottom of the post.

Thorough and for the most part . . . . SPOT ON.

There will always be small differences in opinions, not much here to disagree with.

Good read again ogredawg.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My observations from my seat today at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium.

Got to our seats in time to watch warmups and the team seemed to be just going through the motions. Sleepwalking if you will. Kirby, Tucker and Schumann were very vocal and active trying to get the team motivated.
Chaney just kind of stood around watching and talked a little to Eason and Lambert, kind of reminded me of an ex HC only larger. Ramsey was not there, heard later he had an injury and did not make the trip.

When they broke into groups Pittman and Rocker were very vocal trying to get their players motivated, Kirby and Tucker were working with the DB's, mostly Tucker as Kirby was moving around talking to the players trying to fire them up. Again the players had some emotion but did not seem to me to be all that motivated. The other coaches were working within thier groups, but Kirby and Tucker were the clear leaders. Chaney just kind of stood around watching. Talked to Eason maybe one more time and that was it. Not impressed with the OC.

Kirby did not seem happy the way things were going pre game. My thoughts were it was going to be a long afternoon, and man was I right.

Now onto the game itself and my observations of the players

Eason:One tough player, tougher than Murray and that is high praise as to what he had to endure, he took some really good shots and got up from them.

Chubb:Just not the same. He is one tough player but just does not seem to have that slippery element that he had prior to his injury. Has he lost a step or is he just not 100%.

WR's:Can't catch a cold in a freezer, going thru the motions, no seperation, non factors

Thompson:Double teamed all night fought hard but was not a factor.

Carter#7:Waste of talent, Floyd and Jenkins made him look good. Over plays the line of scrimmage plays blind and relies on his speed and does not THINK. Sad.

Briscoe:Plays soft and seems afraid to hit and get hit. Exposed by those big WR's.

The OL..? well y all watched on TV but I know this when Pyke and Wynn went out and Sims and Baker came in the line played BETTER. Catalina is not an SEC tackle. But then again neither is Pyke.

Cover guys were exposed by the big wr's all night and Ole Miss dominated both los's.

IMHO from watching Kirby he knows that these are not his players and he is just trying to do he best with what he has. Going to take 2-3 recruiting classes to get the team back where it needs to be.

Just my observations and the vibe I got live and in person.

The Ole Miss fans were respectful and of course very happy.

If you are ever in Oxford I recommend the Ajax Diner. Excellent food, and that was the best thing about this trip.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Getdown11, Buc, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds