Forum

Why Not Bauta

8 years 6 months ago #70012 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Why Not Bauta

Wartdawg wrote: Our D could come up huge, and Michel could go off behind a great performance from our O-line...

but I wouldn't bet on it.

More than likely they will force the QB to beat them, and if that's the case then I think our chances of winning are about the same as those of a snowball not melting in a pizza oven.

My money's on the snowball.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #70069 by bpatters69
Replied by bpatters69 on topic Why Not Bauta
If the UGA vs UF game starts to horribly wrong and my fear is it will, I say stick Bauta in there. What do we have to lose at this point? I doubt Lambert will be able to find open receivers against UF's secondary. Is there really any drop off when you compare UF secondary to Bama's? I think you would be splitting hairs. Either UF or Bama have great defenses and Lambert will be ineffective.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, growl, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #70071 by SBR1969
Replied by SBR1969 on topic Why Not Bauta
Man I love this board. Great bits of info and insight. i have asked the TV in just about every game why hasn't FB played. There were times when we had the game in hand and he didn't get a shot. There were a lot, a lot, a lot of times when what we were doing wasn't working at all and it was evident to me that it was not going to. Still, no FB. I have always had a plan B. What happens when things go wrong. What is the escape route. How do you recover. Seems like we have no "Plan B". We are going to do what we set out to do in the one and only game plan we set up; no matter how bad it gets. When it works, it works great. When it sucks, it sucks really, really, bad. I thought that was what coaching was about. IMO there seems to be no ability to "read" the game, make adjustments, and create success. I see it all the time when other teams are playing us. Don't know why we can't do it. I have not given up hope. October 31st is the day of reckoning for our year. I have done my part as a fan. I hope the coaches do their part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, growl, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #70081 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Why Not Bauta
Lambert putting out wounded animal scent. Deer in the headlights too.

He needs a break. :whistle: New Dawg needed there.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

8 years 6 months ago #70192 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Why Not Bauta
Interesting to hear from several reliable sources that it looks as though Bauta has at the least moved up on the depth chart and has been getting more reps than normal so far this week. Lambert is still getting the majority of the work with the ones but something is happening that may or not play out with Bauta on Sat. I'm guessing that if Lambert comes out flat and shaky then richt/shotty have no choice but to pull him, well I guess they could keep him in but that sounds ludicrous considering we all know what the outcome will be.

Here's to hoping that Bauta gets a shot on Sat! With him playing I see our staggering O rebound and playing their hearts out and we may just pull out a big W! I'm pretty excited right now...

More
8 years 5 months ago #70194 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Why Not Bauta
Unfortunately what I think at best will happen is that Bauta gets a couple of snaps running a gimmick play. Then Richt's supporters will claim that it proves Richt is flexible and willing to try what we've all been clamoring for....

Also unfortunately... a couple of snaps isn't exactly what we meant.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds