Forum

Why Not Bauta

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69984 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Why Not Bauta

thriller wrote: I believe that the dumbest idiot who ever lived would still yank his hand back off of a hot stove.

In my HUMBLEST of opinions, there has to be a pretty depressing reason we aren't seeing Bauta play at all. Lambert > Ramsey > Bauta. That HAS to be it . . . otherwise, Richt isn't just proud or stupid . . . he's certifiably insane and masochistic.

I'm not ruling anything out, mind you.

thriller, just a thought(s) that sometimes cross my mind.

I truly believe that our head coach does not worry about being "booted" out of Athens. Mark Richt can walk into any office regardless of who that office belongs to, including the President of UGA.

That is where I really have a problem with the head coach. He can come out of those offices and spew the "arena talk". That will never leave my mind when I read it here, and it is mostly here, other sites kind of move along with wherever the press leads them. The beauty of Dawgs.com.

The "recent" gathering of talent that had left for other colleges that now give us a second look are here in my opinion, and a hell of a lot of reading because of coaches like Will Friend. I know I mention him often, but Coach Friend did more than coach football at Georgia. Never forget Friend going to the Belk Bowl after he had already signed on with Colorado State. Mike Bobo might or might not be all that, but Mike Bobo knew he needed Will Friend. Just as Nick Saban needed Kirby Smart. Not rocket science.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69986 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Why Not Bauta
Great Buc, hope you continue "teeing it up" and having a good time....that sport can be extremely frustrating as you know.

Alway said that golf is THE hardest sport to play WELL.

East Lake.....they don't design the courses like they use to....now it's "target golf". Jones will always be present there......as you know, I love tradition.

I agree totally, as does everyone, those bubble screens show zero confidence in your QB, especially if you run it more than 1-2 times....imo.

Not going to beat UF playing conservative, you had better have the guts to play to win!

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 6 months ago #69989 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Why Not Bauta
"When I mentioned the Bauta switch before, I wasn't referring to changing the offensive scheme to a zone read offense or even partially changing it. As you stated, not possible in 2 weeks etc."

Dead on wlayton...

The thing with Bauta would be simple the threat to pull the ball down and run.

Nothing else in our offense right now that FB can't handle, and that added threat would do wonders. Anyone we play right now knows that is absolutely not a threat
from anyone, so it's one less tool in our box they have to worry about.

Passing down... no problem.. they can pin their ears and go...

AND they can commit to playing man to man because the DB's having their backs to the QB is not a problem, because he isn't going anywhere.

If we had the threat of a guy who would take off, defenses would have to play a lot more zone and then you can design a lot more that will work against zone. We would then be dictating to the D what scheme they would have to run, and when you can do that you can be a lot more effective.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
8 years 6 months ago #69991 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Why Not Bauta
Great points WD, totally agree with you.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69992 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Why Not Bauta
Shockley did it.
Hell, Murray did it.
Both always had the run threat.

Maybe Bauta and Richt have personal issues or rather Richt just doesn't care for Bauta.
Richt has a dark side.
Never trust a rich preacher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 6 months ago #69994 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Why Not Bauta
"When I mentioned the Bauta switch before, I wasn't referring to changing the offensive scheme to a zone read offense or even partially changing it. As you stated, not possible in 2 weeks etc."

Wartdawg surely you understand that I understand that you understand.

Did not think twice about what you said . . . . I am here and I read your posts and threads.

Just returned from my television, watched Jim MElwain show. Comes on locally, actually all over Florida every week. Impressive is not the compete word for him, he is above that.

gators will arrive in JAX ready to play football.

I believe that much of our team will be ready, specifically our defense, remembering last year in JAX, feel sure that has been and will be talked about before the game next week.

If our offensive coaches call the game anywhere close to the way the game was called against Missouri, there will be folks heading North and South before the final whistle.

Wartdawg, the gators have a quarterback that will take off in a heart beat, and many times it is not because of a breakdown. Treon Harris is allowed to run by his head coach. He by the way forces the linebackers and defensive backs into situations that cause problems. That is what I took your post to mean concerning Faton Bauta. Makes sense to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds