Forum

Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #50234 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
This is an article own the other JJ Jordan Jenkins Buc you were right he can play.

Hope everybody has a great weekend have to go.

GIVE-EM HELL DAWGS!!!

uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1429984

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #50235 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

ogredawg wrote:

Buc wrote: Walk on young men like Merritt Hall are true football players. No media hype coming in, went to the weight room with his already built in "want to attitude" and has become a serious blocker for the young guns.

Zander won't back down, not in his DNA. Not too bad with the football in his hands either. Only problem with that is we have forgotten how to use the fullback position to its fullest. AM might want to look around at the space the fullbacks have in many of our games.

AM has been taught to stay in the pocket or step up and to look downfield or the deep sideline route. His wheels have been taken away as has his short passing game. Again it goes back to coaching.

Try not to say this too often ogredawg, looking back at past posts, believe I was heavily involved in coming down on the coaches taking AM's wheels away. His first real effort to run turned out to be a touchdown best I remember. I also remember that Richt/Bobo were not happy with his leaving the pocket. I also remember what happened against Auburn when he remained in the pocket. Of course that pocket shot was by a player that I personally think has serious criminal tendencies. I said that.

While I am at it. Have some problems with the quarterback position as it stacks up at the present. What happened to Christian LeMay that was supposed to come in here and be all that. That is not a shot at Christian just mistifies me that if AM goes down . . . . what?

Let us face facts. Hutson Mason comes in if AM is injured, show me the game time credentials. Two ex-quarterbacks in this situation with their quarterbacks and offensive line for how long . . . . Trying hard to be good, can feel it slowly slipping away.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #50236 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
I could be wrong but I believe Zander buried himself on the depth chart. I believe when the players who were coming back from suspenion started tweeting or whatever it is, he revealed that he too was one of the players that was serving a suspension for the first 4 games. Could be wrong though. Can't blame that on the coaching. You get yourself suspended, and somebody steps up. Was proud to see Merritt step up and take advantage of the opportunity. Speedy recovery to him.

I do think the coaches had to work with AM on staying in the pocket more. He took some serious hits his first year and I am willing to bet he would have missed some time had it continued for the next 4 years. Not to mention some plays are longer developing. One area I will not test this coaching staff, is coaching QB's. Not sure anyone in country has the resume that CMR has when it comes to coaching QB's. Just saying.

All the JJ's are beast. Saw that article earlier. Kid has a very bright future. Really happy to see the staff realize that frosh can be significant contributors. No sure that some of them always realized that. At least they learned something:laugh:

GO DAWGS

More
11 years 5 months ago #50237 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

Wartdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote:

Wartdawg wrote:

Dawg With Style wrote: Did anybody beside me see how big Zander Ogletree has got his number was called and he came in and made the most of it DGD.

Yes... almost every time he has been given a chance to take the field he's done a good
job.

Funny how this coaching staff buries him on the depth chart every chance they get and only
injury lets him back on the field.

OldSouthDawg wrote: Seems to me when he first got here he would run the ball more and made less pressured mistakes. Now he hardly ever runs it himself when he has no one open ,and tries to force it in anyway.

Yeah... as sadlerD mentioned... seems to me he would tuck it and pick up yardage running all the time until this coaching staff made him stop.

I don't think Ogletree is "buried on the depth chart".....have you watched Merritt Hall blow up people blocking???? He's a beast.

Remember.. when was it.. last season when we had a converted TE as our FB but then
AO finally got in the game and looked like a beast himself?

and then earlier this year, this is what was listed as our depth chart at FB

43 Merritt Hall | 5-11, 235, SO
22 Richard Samuel | 6-2, 243, SR
48 Quayvon Hicks | 6-2, 262, FR
46 Zander Ogletree | 5-10, 224, JR

I'm not trying to "win" an argument here....I like both.

Is that list the pecking order or just a list....don't see any numbers by the names...1,2,3,4

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 5 months ago #50238 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses

AllDawgs5 wrote: One area I will not test this coaching staff, is coaching QB's. Not sure anyone in country has the resume that CMR has when it comes to coaching QB's. Just saying.

I'll test it, because resume or not, I don't think it's wise to try to redshirt your backup QB. If AM gets injured, we will have to play a QB with NO snaps this year. If that happens in the middle of a big game, and Mason comes in and throws some INT's and loses the game, would you question richt's QB coaching then?

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
11 years 5 months ago #50240 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: Georgia, Florida, No Damn Excuses
No, I wouldn't. Mason is the one wanting to use the redshirt. Willing to bet if he wasn't allowed to redshirt, he wouldn't have stayed at UGA. I remember him strongly thinking about transfering in order to get playing time. I am willing to bet he stated that he didn't want to waste another year on taking meaningless snaps. As far as AM getting hurt, just about every good team is going to suffer if they lose their starting QB. That's just football. Imagine if K-state loses Klein, or USC loses Shaw, or USC loses Barkley. Any school that the starting QB is as big a factor is going to suffer and have a greater chance of losing. I would even willing to bet it would change Bama's game plan if they lost McCarron against lsu.

I look at it like this, if we lost Jarvis, would our defense still be as good? We have gotten younger guys snaps to get experience, but still are we going to be a weaker defense. Yes. Injuries of key players are going to make an impact regardless of what you do to prevent them or prepare for them.

IF CMR didn't red-shirt Mason, I am betting he would no longer be at UGA.

GO DAWGS

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds