Forum

Who's really pulling for the Gators?

17 years 4 months ago #2521 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
Not wanting to see the conference have a title because of the team representing it isn't a logical way of thinking. Sure, seeing your biggest rival win it instead of yourself is a hard pill to swallow, but the end justifies the means......and the end result is seeing the conference gain more respect over the likes of the pac-10, big-10, etc. If we wanna be there, we have to beat the ones that beat us all the time....mainly UF. Until we learn to beat the Gators on a regular basis, we wont be contenders for a title. It's that simple.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2522 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
Again, you make a great point about being the man. I have loved beating the Gators and HATE losing to the Gators ever since I was 10 years old, hard to change now. It's like brushing your teeth and taking a shower everyday. Disliking the Gators is actually part of who you are...well, almost. I don't like Tenn either, but rather see them win than UF and I'm probably in the majority rather than the minority. Yes, I am a SEC homer but it just doesn't override the Gators winning. Your points are great points and well taken.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2525 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
Wlayton, I dont want the Gators to win a title, either, you know? I just want respectability for the conference. I don't live in Florida, but I work down here, and I, too, have to eat crow on a regular basis every time we lose. It's gotten so bad, these Gator people dont even consider us to be a real rival of theirs anymore. The only people that do consider the Ga-Fla game an important one are the folks that have been living with this rivalry since they were kids, like you and I have done. We just dont have the swagger when we play them that we used to have. I dont know what it is, but they just have our number. Kind of like we used to have their number whenever Dooley was coaching. Those players say that Dooley had convinced them that they just couldn't lose to UF. CMR, as good a coach as he is, just hasn't instilled the same level of confidence in his teams as Dooley did in his when it comes to playing UF. Sure, we beat them once in a blue moon, but it just isn't the same, and the Gator fans have sed that the last time we got them, it was just because they were having a bad last year under Zook. They just wrote that game off as a fluke. Like we aren't able to get to them unless they just are havin a bad year. This is gonna start to become an issue if the coaches dont do something to stop this slide.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2527 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
I have decided to support the gators and he are my reasons...

1. I know a ton of OSU fans and I have constantly reminded them they are 0-7 in bowls games against SEC teams and their conference is inferior because only two teams play big boy football.

2. I love my conference.

3. I live in a pretty nice neighborhood so the only time I really see a gator fan is when we have a plumbing problem or we need lawn maintenance. :D

4. I firmly believe that gator fans are UGA fans that have not heard the gospel. In anthropological terms these people are a more primitive form of us. They are more impulse driven and follow the herd. Why else would someone dress up in orange and blue and look like a clown. Their simpler brains also makes it easier to use the Jedi mind trick on them...

:lol:

More
17 years 4 months ago #2529 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
You are so right about the rivalry. And you know, when Mark came on board from FSU, I thought, GREAT, he knows how to beat the Gators because he did it so many times while at FSU. 1-5 has certainly been disappointing, I was expecting a return to our winning ways like back in the 80's.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2534 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
I have always said that you should never hate a team MORE than you love your own.
Unfortuantely, many of you hate the Gators more than you love the Bulldogs.
You have my sympathies.

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds