Who's really pulling for the Gators? was created by southernlover
I love the SEC but hate the Gators!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• southernlover
  • southernlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2516 by Wardawg
Replied by Wardawg on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
Agreed!

• Wardawg
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2517 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
Saying you love the SEC, but wanting a representative of the conference to get beat in the title game is a crock. It's like saying that you love your family, but hate your brother. This is the first time in a long time that an SEC team is in the title game. If UF gets slaughteres, it will be a long time before we get any more respect in the polls. UGA beat 2 ranked teams to finish the year out, and we STILL dont get respect. That's the kind of crap we have to put up with if there is any more SEC bias, and we will surely have that if UF lays an egg in this game. For the sake of the conference, you should pull for UF.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2518 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
UnderDog37, I definitely agree with you in principle but man, it's awful hard to pull for those Gators (well maybe it's really Urban Myer). I also agree with your SEC logic and it's right but........ If it were any other SEC team it would be a no brainer to pull for them. It's just that it's FLORIDA (or MYER) !!!!!!! A real Catch22. I had "almost" rather live with the bias against the SEC than to see UF win, very hard to swallow when you are living around them all year. Eventually the bias will disappear anyway but UF winning another NC won't ever go away. JUST A VERY HARD THING !!

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2519 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
never

• dawgs511
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2520 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
It's hard to see UF potentially win the title, but it wasn't any harder than watching Tennesee win it in 98. I pulled for the SEC team then, too....and I can't STAND Phat Phil Phulmer, either. However, I also have a healthy dislike for FSU and all things ACC. As far as the coach goes, I hated Spurrier a lot more than I do Meyer....even if Meyer did cry his way into the title game. I really hated seeing them win in 96, even though it WAS over FSU. Of course, I still was loyal to my conference. To me, Meyer just seems to be a whole lot less arrogant than Spurrier was. The lesser of 2 evils, if you will.
Again, if we want to be the man, we have to beat the man....and we haven't been getting the job done in that respect. Had we beaten UF in 02, us, not Miami, would have been playing for the title. The coaching staff needs to do SOMETHING about this drought against UF before it becomes the type of issue that you see when Bama loses to Auburn more than 2 times in a decade.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds