Forum

Who's really pulling for the Gators?

17 years 4 months ago #2536 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
Hmmmm....kentdaddy, are you suggessting that a lot of folks name their businesses after the Gators? LMAO, That was too funny !! Wlayton, I felt the same way you did when we got CMR....that he knew how to beat UF, and that our fortunes against them would improve. However, I am of the mind that it's a confidence problem, not a coaching one. There have been 6 games since CMR came here, and we have lost 5 of them. A bright spot is that we haven't suffered any of the beat-downs like we did under Goff/Donnan. It's almost like CMR has convinced our guys that we can PLAY with them, but we just aren't able to BEAT them yet....a lack of the "Finish the Drill" mantra, if you will. We need to feel like we do whenever we play Tech....no matter how impressive Tech appears to be on paper, we have refused to lose to them during the CMR era. We used to have that same attitude against UF. It just doesn't make sense for us to be snake...er, Gator bit by these guys as much as we are. Since 02, we lose to these guys by the average of about 6 points. It just doesn't make sense for us to play them so close only to lose in the end.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2538 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
kentdaddy, I'm still laughing over your post, hilarious !! It was classic. (still can't pull for the gators). GatorinGa, how in the world did you come up with that assumption????? That we hate the Gators more than we love our Dawgs? That doesn't even make sense. Some of us just hate the gators more than we are willing to pull for them only because they are representing the SEC.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2540 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
I was only joking mr gatoringa. I have to amp up the rhetoric because you do have the ace up your sleeve as mr. Dapolla referenced earlier. I Love my team more than I hate the gators. I actually hate the gators less now than when SOS was there. It seems as though before all my negative quan was focused on gainesville but now that SOS is in Columbia I actually hate him less also. It is though my hate has been divided and somehow weakened. I still hate UT completely though.

You have to admit gatoringa that my post was atleast a little bit funny.

Here is how I see the college football world. I love UGA. I hate everyone else to varying degrees. My hate list is not unlike a Sagarin ranking system. The teams change rankings as conditions change. My #1 most hated team currently is Notre Dame followed by UT and then the gators. At the bottom is Ga. Tech as my least most hated team in support of my father. I do understand that my thought patterns could me the symptoms of a deeper neurosys but I am happy with it.

Go Dawgs ! and also...go gators for that one game in early january 2007 .

More
17 years 4 months ago #2541 by UnderDog37
Hey, I only hate the Gators when they play UGA. I sure don't want Tennesee and their orange-peeing yahoos beating UF or us, either. I really dislike Fulmer a WHOLE lot more than Meyer....Fulmer was a snake in the grass who helped ease his boss out the door. I don't dislike Meyer, either.....He seems like a class act. I wasn't crazy about Spurrier, who seemed to take every loss UF ever had to UGA as a personal insult, and showed this by running up the score on us every time he could. I don't pull for FSU over UF, either, because I absolutely hate these tomahawk chopping morons who think it's respectful to Native Americans when they do their so-called war chant. I want UF to beat OSU for the good of the conference, but I am gonna hate to hear the smack-talk if they do. I think that's pretty much the same feeling the majority of us have. I am loyal to the conference, but I love UGA the most. On the other hand, I dont think I will ever feel good about Tennesee, although I did enjoy seeing them beat FSU in 98. Again, that was for the good of the conference, not because I like UT. I was also really tired of these criminoles saying that the ACC was the best conference. No, I am not a hater of UF.....UT, now, that's another thing altogether, lol....

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2543 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
UnderDog37, again I think you are right on the confidence issue. Once we break through in a big way hopefully that will put us over that hump. kentdaddy, I'm also with you on ND, they think they OWN college football. I also look a SOS in a different light now that he's at USC, sometimes I find myself pulling for him to beat some teams (UT, UF, AU etc) because they are such underdogs in those games. He just seems less arrogant and a little more humorous now that he's not a UF anymore.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2546 by UnderDog37
Exactly right on the Spurrier conversation. I do love seeing S.Carolina win over teams that they have no business beating....as long as it isn't us. SOS has grown from being the Evil Genius to lovable old crumrudgeon.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds