Forum

Who's really pulling for the Gators?

17 years 5 months ago #2577 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
I bartended through college so I have a ton of BS stored somewhere. Actually, life is really great I just want to have fun with the guy. He seems to be really cool.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2580 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
He is already a little bit "one of us", because he lives in God's country, lol.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2581 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?

He is already a little bit "one of us", because he lives in God's country, lol.

Yes, North Georgia is God's country and I don't want to ever leave.

Kentdady, none of those three guys are Italian. :lol:
I do know some good Italian sterotypes though. Just watch the Sopranos.
My dad was born and raised in Brooklyn and didn't leave home until he was 22 after graduating from Brooklyn College. He love's the Sopranos because he said the way that they talk and the words that they use reminds him of home. Great. :roll:

No, I did not graduate from UF. I am the only person in my 6 member family that did not earn my degree.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2583 by UnderDog37
Hmmm....I was always kinda partial to the Godfather and Goodfellas movies, myself. Nobody makes better gangsters than DeNiro, Pacino, and Pesci. Godfather III kinda sucked, though...and I hear they are in the planning stages to make a Godfather IV.....

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2585 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
After the fact I realized the Pope was German, but so is Michael Schumacher and they are both loved in Italy. So it is more of a proxy Italian joke. The old standard Italian stereotypes are so tired and played out. We have to put our heads together and develop new jokes.

I read a story on ESPN about one writer in Seattle I believe who voted UF #1 in the Harris poll because he says OSU is the weakest #1 in the past 25 years because their schedule is far weaker than people realize. Everyone seems to be calling him a flake but he sounds like another writer I remember. Back in 92 I believe when the Hurricanes were #1 and Alabama had no shot one write in Phoenix kept voting Bama #1 and people always ridiculed him for it. This whole situation smells just like that game. The entire world loves OSU in theis game. The betting line id growing. I would not be surprised if Uf not only beat OSU but stomped the horse manure out of them. The best defense they played all year may have been Cincinnati. Michigan was a paper tiget on defense.

Something smells funny about this situation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2586 by UnderDog37
Well, there are way too many scribes that tend to give the game over to the team thats more favorable to whatever region of the country they work in. Yankee team + Yankee newswriters= perceived yankee team win. Nobody much above the Mason-Dixon line thinks UF has a chance to win. However, I am one of those that likes to look at all sides of the match-up before I stick with one prediction or another. I think you are right, kentdaddy.....OSU hasn't had much of a challenge within their conference, their defense isn't that stout, and their non-conference schedule wasnt all that great either.....even Texas hasn't looked all that great for them as a non-conference win. Florida has played what is stastically the toughest schedule in the country. They have been behind, they have had adversity which they overcame, and even the so-called "bad" SEC teams gave them a run for their money. Why? Because we are the SEC, and that is the best conference in the nation, bar none. Remember the Alabama game with Miami in 92.....and rememeber that the Big 10 is 0-7 against the SEC in Bowl games.....I think UF has better speed than OSU, and I think their DB's will be good enough to put a dent in OSU's passing game. Of course, OSU will come in there prepared and confident, but I think UF can physically match up with OSU. There might be some surprises with this game....Like Bama in 92, and even like OSU against Miami in 03, when nobody, but NOBODY gave OSU a chance at beating Miami...but they did it.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds