Forum

Who's really pulling for the Gators?

17 years 4 months ago #2588 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
A huge part of my business is the "public sentiment " figures, which we use as a contrarian indicator. That said, when the "herd mentally" is favoring one side of the road, then historically you should bet the opposite side. OSU is favored by EVERYONE and basically nobody gives UF much chance to win. As a contrarian indicator this reveals to me that it may truly be the year of the Gator (as I have mentioned before).

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 4 months ago #2590 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
The only person I have heard give UF a chance to pull this upset is Eric Kusilias of ESPN radio. Everyone else has written UF off as a pretender.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2591 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
What wlayton described in the financial world also applies in the gambling realm. The smart money in Vegas usually goes against the public money because the public usually does act like a mindless herd.

I am not a gambler, but If I were I would take UF in this one.

More
17 years 4 months ago #2593 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
Always go against the herd, they always buy at market tops and sell and market bottoms, they are consistently wrong, amazing.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2595 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
I love pulling for the underdog myself.....note my user name, lol. By the way, we are 3 point underdogs to VT.....

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2598 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?

No, I did not graduate from UF. I am the only person in my 6 member family that did not earn my degree.

No wonder you are so eloquent and nice. Does this mean that not graduating from anywhere at all makes you a better, more well-rounded and nicer person than actually graduating from Florida?

Let us ponder...as we scream GO DAWGS!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds