Forum

Who's really pulling for the Gators?

17 years 5 months ago #2554 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
Well I did not want to bring up the lsoing in the third quarter rule, but now that you mentioned it...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2555 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
UnderDog, I know plenty of people that love their family's but may hate a sibling or two. Let me put it this way: If the Gators win this game(and I think they have a much better shot than people realize) they will have accomplished the following:

A) Won both the NC in football and basketball in the same year(hasn't been done before to my knowledge)

B) Won 2 NC's in ten years(UGA hasn't been able to add another after 26 years)

C) Increased the potency of their recruiting(as if they need any help)

Both scenario A and B are unacceptable to me. As I am typing this and looking through the glass window of my office I am having to view a variety of Gator paraphanalia. I eat lunch with Gators. I am having to listen to conversations about booking trips to Phoenix. The gators weren't actually even on my radar until I went to college in '92 which was around the time of their current streak of owning UGA. One of my favorite Gator moments was the 95 NC game when Nebraska destroyed them. I just feel that if they don't take advantage of their good fortune, they will loose a lot of key players and UGA will bring the next NC to the SEC.

• southernlover
  • southernlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2556 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By 4 points for 4 whole minutes.

Just remember that when UGA waxed them in '02 they were barely ranked and that was the best Georgia team in the last 25 years.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2557 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?
Well, all we have to do is beat them on a regular basis....and as we have been discussing earlier, we cant, for some reason, seem to get over the hump when it comes to UF. Is it a coaching problem? A confidence problem? Who knows what kind of a mental block our guys have when it comes to beating UF? CMR's teams dont think Tech can beat us. Dooley's players never thought UF could beat us, and they hardly ever did during those years. Sure, they came close, like we have done over the last few years, but they never did beat us on a regular basis then. We overcame the dominance that Tennesee exerted over us from 1992 to 2000 with the advent of the CMR era, so WHY can't we ever break the stranglehold UF seems to have over us? Yes, we act like Tech cant beat us, and Yes, UF fans act as though we cant ever beat them, and with good reason...because we haven't shown that we CAN beat them regularly. Until we show the same kind of determination that we have shown against tennesee, we will always be looked down on. The knock on us was that we couldn't ever beat UT or UF. Well, we have been beating UT on a regular basis since 2000, so why can't we do the same with UF? It just doesn't make sense.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2558 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?

One of my favorite Gator moments was the 95 NC game when Nebraska destroyed them.

Same field and same type of QB as this year's game. :oops: :oops:

And you are correct about no school having the basketball and football champion in the same year. It sure would be nice to add that answer to a Jepeordy question.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2560 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Who's really pulling for the Gators?

Well I did not want to bring up the losing in the third quarter rule, but now that you mentioned it...

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds