Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out

8 years 10 months ago #68144 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
I do believe CMR is a decent coach but not a championship caliber one. This IMHO is what he needs to work on to get there.

First set your expectations high. I know you have to take it one step at a time but you should be aiming for the top. I used to have have a tech sergeant that had a saying"reach for the moon and if you fail you're still among the stars.

Second you have to believe in yourself and your players. I was in Memphis and the turning point of that game is when CMR didn't believe his team could punch in in on 4 down and went for the field goal instead. You could feel the air go out of the team

Third is pride if you are not the best at something there is no shame in getting help and learning. Your way is not always the best sometimes old dogs need to learn new tricks. Why are we still struggling with the kicking game? Why did AM want to go to QB camps? Why are we forcing players into a set system instead of adapting to utilize their abilities?

If he could work on these the occasional boneheaded call could be digested a little easier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #68145 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic AWG
LimeyDawg, glad that I read your post prior to posting the one that follows. I will post and not retract.

If this board ever comes to the point that "both sides" cannot be discussed, then . . . .

Where is it written that everyone has to be on the "same page".

I can't help it if "you don't understand" what I know that you don't know . . . . TIC.

I know this . . . . you don't post a lot these days, but there are a lot of folks on this board that do not find their way to the keyboard, they are not in the same "group" that I belong to, neither are you.

I have huge respect for this board for one reason, maybe two or three reasons . . . . In this thread there has been a lot of "back and forth" but there has not been the same "spit" that I read elsewhere. Go to any board with "traffic" and any subject concerning UGA football will start a piss fight. It is not conversation, it is idiocy.

I have a ton of respect for board members like you, started to list others that I have a great "feel" for . . . . it is a long list.

The one thing that separates this board from many of the others is "reason".

My only problem with you is stirring the pot once a year, maybe twice.

This is from me to you . . . . Spent the entire morning watching the Premier Dart League Championships.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago #68146 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic AWG
Georgia doesn't have a darts team...or does it?

I get inspirational (pot stirring...okay) around football season because I've become somewhat jaded as to my personal expectations. If you saw my FB feed, you'd see a high percentage of pages related to Georgia Football. I'm thinking that I need to change that to all Georgia sports. Last week I was at a pretty boring party, but the collegiate track and field championships were on and I spent most of my time watching for Georgia athletes. Its how I roll.

I'm also pretty opinionated. In saying that, I think I share your appreciation for the to-and-fro that happens here from time to time. Believe me, regardless of whether or not I'm in agreement with anybody, I know I'm among Dawg fans. If my 4 years in Athens taught me anything, it's that passion is bone-deep. The great thing is that, regardless of our position on the program and where it's going or whether this or that is the reason for never reaching that pinnacle, I know that everybody here loves Georgia. In that, it makes everything right because, at the end of the day, our common ground is greater than any of our disagreements.

Here's a factoid: I never played football. In fact, my first real exposure to football was when I came to Georgia in '85. I was a soccer player, being from England (hence the 'limey'), but it only took one season to instill the Georgia passion in me. However, you don't have to be an artist to appreciate a Rembrant...or recognize a bathroom scrawl when you see one. I also happen to have played semi-pro soccer in England, and I currently practice judo and jujitsu with some pretty high-level peeps even at my advanced age, so I do have some measure of insight into what it takes to consistently perform at the level required of these kids and coaches. That said, there's something about bitching about coaches that rubs me wrong. I think it's lazy analysis. CMR didn't get to where he is or stay there, for that matter, because he's a dud. He just happens to have not (yet) delivered us the holy grail. I get it, but I certainly think that all this energy directed at dissecting his actions, motives, character etcetera could be better spent. That's not to say that it doesn't have a value, but of late the vitriol has reached such a level that it drives me to other sites for my Georgia fix, but this is my favorite. I am who I am. I respect the same in all the other posters on here. If I'm stirring the pot, so be it.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68147 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic AWG
If there was no back and forth, blogging probably would not exist.

Went back as I often do and read most of this thread.

LimeyDawg did fire an opening shot across the bow, several posts returned fire.

Never heard the word "hate" used when the back and forth followed.

My opinion, just a good back and forth. Do not for a minute believe that anyone's feelings were stepped on.

Much of what was said in this thread will be settled when the 2015 Season gets under way.

Will say this again. With the player talent that is in Athens and the possibility of more depth maybe coming from the "newbies" . . . . Coaches are surrounded by more talent than I have seen maybe ever.

Coach Rocker is "all that". Expect to see more photos like this one in the future.

:)

Edit . . . . This little piece lifted from the article below. Sunday morning, trying to stay on top of Georgia Football. Seems others question the head coaching ability of Richt also. Just stuff to read. Like mentioned above, 2015 Season will answer a lot of questions, maybe with answers.

Mark Richt got dinged for his inconsistency.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/06/28/37895...at-college.html?rh=1
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68148 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
75 days out, what should we be working on? Good conversation.

My take:

1. Everybody is still riding the HC.
2. Next season is going to be better because it HAS to be.
3. Hate is not needed nor helpful. --edit: except Tech game is historically called " Clean,Old-Fashioned Hate"
4. Some (me included) are waiting on half time at USC game before next major review of HC.

Tomorrow is Monday. Wrap this up... I am writing a new topic as we speak.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 10 months ago #68149 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Hey Buc I like this guy to Justin Young LB.

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-Bulld...ustin-Young-37889862

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds