Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out

8 years 10 months ago #68116 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
I am with NCD on this. MR has not been able to turn the final corner.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 10 months ago #68117 by Buc
stevedawg, NC_Dawg is again on point. Not the first time this subject has been raised, probably not the last if those in the media are right about our team losing three or four games in 2015.

For the most part, believe most of us on this board can select the games that we believe will test our "coaching skills". Seems it does not change too much year to year. That has been and until changed is our history.

Media again saying that we (UGA) should be proud of the Mark Richt record since his arrival.

Sometimes when trying to do more than gain "clicks" media giants should check the names of the teams that we have beaten. "If" we are that good, with our record since 2001, makes me wonder why we have not consistently beaten a top 25 team. Also makes me wonder why the side of the SEC that we play in (East) we can't seem to find our way to Atlanta. Last stop was not fruitful, last winner for the SEC trophy was 2005.

Simple question. What is going on, and why do we not seem to be able to find our way back to the SEC Championship under our Head Coach? Personally believe there has been a "roll over" in the fan base. Those that like to blog and don't have a clue about things like offensive lines and recruiting. Coaching appointments that are failures. Allowed to be failures way past their level of expertise.

Folks we are a middle of the pack SEC Football team at this point. Might change with the recent defensive changes, that however is the way football has been played in Athens for far too long. One side of the team does well, other side a lot of arm waving. Will continue to preach the need for "Leadership".

Anyone believe that the "slight of hand maneuvers" in Athens feeding the press is nothing more than "feeding the fans some more BS"? For those that call some of us that question the lack of leadership in Athens names, step forward outside of your "protected space" and let's have a discussion.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, growl

More
8 years 10 months ago #68118 by Buc

More
8 years 10 months ago #68119 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Just read that on-line....sad!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 10 months ago #68120 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Yeah that's because most coaches (see: smart) put stipulations on transfers, like they can't transfer in conference. Not the saintly one though.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
8 years 10 months ago #68131 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
You would think, reading many of the posts in this thread, that prior to CMR's tenure in Athens that we were the dog's bollocks, winning national championships by the bushel and carrying off homecoming queens to have our way with as we chose. Honestly... honestly...WHO is the winningest coach in Georgia history? It's CMR's Fault...It's CMR's fault. Sounds like Lindsey Graham watching another ISIS video.

Look, too many variables need to come together for a national championship. We need the best players--we get great players...but the best? Every year? Sometimes, Lady Luck needs to intervene on your behalf. Auburn, anybody? But to sit here and read this drivel, year after year, is akin to licking a light socket. Shocking, but if you do it there is no surprise in what you get. You guys were---if you remember---the same group that lamented Willie Martinez's tenure at Georgia (I admit to some accessory criminality here) and then were aghast at the train wreck that was Todd Grantham. You bitched about Mike Bobo, and I'm wondering if your criticism will fall on CBS after this season. It comes down to a wicked, almost pathological mindset that nothing less than a national championship ought to be acceptable, despite having NO, ZERO, ZIP precedent to establish a basis for this mindset. We would all like to be the best, every year, but no team has ever accomplished that feat. Ever. E V E R.

I wonder how many of you would be happy to have coach Vince Dooley still at the helm? You could trade those 9, 10 and 11 win seasons for 6 and 7 wins smattered with regular losing seasons as a norm. Sometimes it's like listening to a guy lamenting the fact that the Mercedes parked in his garage isn't a Ferrari. I see some of you already writing off this year as a 6 win season. Despite the talent on the field. Despite the talent on the sidelines. Wow. Just Wow.

Of course, this is pretty much par for the course. Football season is approaching and Eeyores family has invaded the hundred acre wood. As usual, many of you will point out that it's a fan's prerogative to criticize his team (endlessly, annually...apparently.) Okay. I'm doing my annual bitch about this before the season's shenanigans begin. Done.

So, how is everybody? Good to see the regulars here. Looking forward to a great season.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc

More
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds