Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68104 by Buc
Trying to get a grip on the quarterback issue and what I believe accompanies the issue.

Jacob Eason coming to Athens. Is all of the notoriety that Jacob and his Father are getting going to be more than a good football player attending UGA? The moment that Jacob hits the turf in Athens, the media will be all over his butt. It will be a circus, maybe like none seen in Athens, ever.

Takes me to this. Who benefits from all of this media attention? First off Jacob Eason can “choose” the university that he wants to play for. Fact.

My opinion . . . . Mark Richt is the winner. Gives the head coach x number of years to remain as “Top” in the Classic City. Allows the head coach to fulfill his stated priority . . . . retire as the head coach at UGA.

Makes the public relations work a lot easier. Rather than having to defend, they can “again” point to the “future”. The same game that has been played for many years, even before the present head coach took over with his move from FSU to UGA.

Should not say this, but it is simply . . . . a shell game. Rules have changed, there was a newly created network, SEC Network that is changing SEC football and soon giant steps will be taken. Did not take long for M&M to line up Alabama/FSU in Atlanta.

We remain on the same path we have been on (you pick the downfall year). We are going to be exactly where we are now, middle of the pack, at best. Reason . . . . no talent at the “Top”, has remained that way and will remain that way until a leader is found to run the program. Alabama found Saban, FSU found Fisher.

2015 Season has already been bypassed by many of those in control. Starts with the head coach and moves "up" from there.

I know more about Jacob Eason than I know about any player wearing the Red and Black in 2015, yes that includes Nick Chubb. Machine continues to churn "their" message to those that supposedly want to see Georgia "wake up", maybe I should say stand up and quit "pretending". Not fair to the fans or the football talent in the Classic City.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #68105 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Focus should be on 2015 and not a QB 3000 miles away who is not even on campus. If they want to "hype" players why not hype our RB's, OL or defensive front. That is where the depth is and will win us some games. But got to make the HC look good after that Tech debacle.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 10 months ago #68106 by Buc
Media and Public Relations Department keep pumping out the "stuff" that they want the fan base to read.

Where the hell was the Media and Public Relations Department when there was nothing but silence regarding the Indoor Playing Facility for "years".

Pruitt steps out and "barks". Athletic Director extends his lips to the pouting position.

Media now filled with Mark Richt being responsible for the Indoor Practice Facility issue being moved forward . . . . at a snails pace one could add. Rubbish.

The "Upper Class" in Athens have their head coach. A coach that is very good in living rooms and when visiting ESPN in Connecticut. Simple issue . . . . want to make 4 million a year, keep the "Bank" happy.

Bet this, and I know this as a fact. In South Florida, Bryan McClendon is the person that these young players relate to.

For some time the quarterback back issue has been around. We were lucky that AM was motivated and stepped out. I often shake my head when I hear UGA referred to as "Running Back U". It is that way because in the end we win football games with Running Backs, not with players than can toss the football great distances. Mark Richt has done nothing in my opinion to change that. He is a large part of the Jacob Eason "chatter".

Better get a quarterbacks hands under center now and get ready for 2015. Also have this problem of Center and Quarterback understanding each other. That is going to be a problem if the "combination" is not right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

More
8 years 10 months ago #68107 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
AMEN DawgDoc... "The kids will make mistakes & we don't need the "COACHES" to contribute to the cause!!!!!!! I MEAN ALL THE COACHES."

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 10 months ago #68108 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
ogredawg, there is NO WAY to make the HC look good after the Tech game last year. Or USCe. Those games made my stomach turn over. :sick:

And our current QB situation makes him look even worse. I'm sure he would remind me that I've never coached a game in my life. I'm sure he would tell me "arm-chair-quarterback" is the easiest position to play, with the possible exception of "Monday-morning-quarterback".

But I PROMISE YOU - give me a first and goal inside the 5 yard line with Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel and crew and our offensive line, and I WILL GET YOU SIX. And the ball WILL NOT LEAVE THE GROUND.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
8 years 10 months ago #68109 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Just a observation not a defense. Pete Carroll. Super Bowl. Lynch has not be stopped all

Game. Hmmm, Brain farts not an exclusive to Athens. Then there was the kick six

Granted we have an what seems more than our share. Again view this not as a apologists

But......it is what is is. I am sure if challenged we could up with a dozen more easily.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds