Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68132 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Lots are happy with 10 wins and overlook the coaching blunders, the play not to lose attitude and the waste of talent. If sheeple are happy playing second fiddle to Saban, Meyer, Miles, Fisher and Spurrier so be it. The sheeple believe what the rags write so be it.

What are the sheeple going to say when the starting QB was the second string QB at UVa. Why they will believe what ever the HC tells them.

The rags want us to believe we are 2 years away then the savior arrives.

Not me.

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #68133 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
So, limey, if I understand your post, you're saying since we haven't won multiple recent championships, that regardless of the recruiting classes we get that become NFL players more frequently than most schools, we should never expect to be in the hunt for a conference or a national championship? Hmmmmm. If you're ok with that, definitely your right. But I expect more, and I think putting the blame on the head coach that is the only constant in the last 15 years is exactly where the blame should be.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
8 years 10 months ago #68134 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Shame on me for blaming the HC. Guess I should become a CMR apologist.......NOT

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68135 by Buc
LimeyDawg, good to see you back. Always good for a round or two.

Sometimes I wonder if much of what is said seems to pass through many regarding the real problem.

From where I sit, it goes much deeper than what I believe the overall cause of disappointment is with UGA football.

There has been some discussion on this board about Mahogany Row, fail to see that topic coming from the media and those that represent themselves in Butts-Mehre as news gatherers for Georgia Football Fans.

Probably does not need to be said again, will however. Those at the “Top” have the head coach that fits their overall plan.

I would lay a few dollars down on this . . . . if the SEC Network had not entered into the SEC Conference at the time they (ESPN) did, there would be copy coming from all fronts on the policies in place in Athens. The chatter would not in my mind be favorable to both the Athletic Director and Head Coach.

Can't say anything more than I was a supporter of grantham entering the City Limits of Athens, Georgia. I was and still am a supporter of tar and feathers for the hire made by the head coach.

Takes me to this . . . . Why is it that other coaches mentioned in this thread can and do continue to win, year after year, some with less talent than we have had over a long period?

One case in point. I refer to Saban on occasion, probably more than other members on this board. Why is it that the top players you refer to choose to play in Tuscaloosa, not Athens? 100% of the interviews with said players say this . . . . We want to play for a National Championship. Leaves me with this . . . . Why can that not be said about our head coach? The answer has been clear to me for some time, and it is hard for me to continue to talk about winning in the future.

No different than the large corporation that you work for and I spend a large amount with. Last night as a matter of fact . . . . Tanner Crab Legs. Your company replaces products that don't move off of the shelves, very familiar with that. They do not say we will get better in the next two years. Maybe the same "game plan" should be developed and used in Athens.

Again, glad to see you posting. Just thought I would add my “Drivel”.

:)

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68136 by Buc
For the sake of conversation, thought it appropriate to post the link below. Edward Aschoff penned the article, of course he is a gator that believes himself to be "fair and balanced".

The article that he sends our way sounds very much like many articles I have read, expecially since 2005 and beyond.

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/102953/wh...ont-make-the-playoff

More
8 years 10 months ago #68137 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Well, it must be difficult for all of you when late August rolls around, knowing that we'll lose a few games. I couldn't begin to understand how watching the Dawgs play could be a source of agony, knowing that we have such a shit-bird coach on the sidelines who is apparently uninterested in winning anything other than 10 or so games a year. I wonder how it is that the other 126 fan bases out there get by with most of them knowing that there's only a slight chance any one of them will win their conference or a national championship, yet we expect the win it every year without question, otherwise our coach sucks. I don't know how you get through it, honestly.

I wonder how many of those other schools would take CMR over their current coach? I'll bet it's more than a handful. And then what happens at Georgia? You get some coach who has never won a national championship thrust into a situation where he has one year only to prove his worth or the fan base turns on him like a pack of coyotes. One bad season. One season without a championship regardless of record and they're done. This is what an incoming coach faces at Georgia. And it's every single year.

We have the 13th winningest coach among active coaches, 3rd in the SEC. Why not thumb down that list and find CMRs replacement--the guy who not only wins us more games than CMR, but also brings us championships right out of the gate? Who is it? Pick the ones that would feel comfortable with the expectations of a portion of the fan base.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds