Forum

Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out

8 years 10 months ago #68097 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Yep, it's "just a game", and I thank God for that. If not, I would have probably not survived past my eighth year. Look at these sorry excuses for "football seasons" and tell me what coach (other than The Great One) would have survived this:

Unfortunately, I see one of "those" seasons coming up. But I'll be hollerin' during kickoff on September 5th, just like every year since those old forgotten seasons. (Unless M&M decides we have to pay to LISTEN to a game.) :pinch:

I just hope we have a starting QB by then.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #68098 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
I will take a W or L as long as 100% effort went into it.

Keep this in mind...

A Bloody Mary on Sunday morning sure taste better with a W.

Monday is better with a W. That lasts until Friday.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
8 years 10 months ago #68099 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
thriller have to agree 1968 & 1969 were terrible years in Dooley's run. What happened in next year in 1970, seems we won the SEC & played in the Sugar Bowl. Yeh we lost to the "Hogs", but still a great year. Just look at the years 1949 to 1958. Poor Coach Butts best record in that time frame was 7-4. Even when we broke the draught in 1957 our record was 3-7. Most of the time our talent level was terrible, Wally's practices were rough to say the least & it should up in recruiting. We have a lot of talent now in Athens & I must agree with the person that posts "No excuses". We should have a decent year if the "COACHES" don't let us down. The kids will make mistakes & we don't need the "COACHES" to contribute to the cause!!!!!!! I MEAN ALL THE COACHES.
AS always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
8 years 10 months ago #68100 by Buc
Spent the last few days in South Florida, same area that Sony Michel and Isaiah McKenzie are from.

Back on my computer and caught up with all of the posts made here.

Going to post a link below, maybe some have watched the interview, if not, it was 22 minutes of "straight talk" from Herschel Walker.

Several topics in the interview that quite frankly made me pause, think back to a time in Georgia football when college football was "different" than the game being played now. Have mentioned a time or two on this board that I was not a big backer of VD, especially in the latter years, but VD can say this . . . . he won a National Championship in the many years he coached. HW speaks to that along with other topics.

Read some really good posts in this thread.

More
8 years 10 months ago #68101 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Monday Morning Water Cooler - 75 days Out
Herschel Walker - DGD, best ever!

But let's face it - there's a screw loose in there.

More
8 years 10 months ago #68102 by Buc
Pulling up some videos that probably many have seen. In the above video (post #16) at the 10:50 mark, truth is told. Need coaches that can convince them or "coach them up".

One great back describing another great back in the video below. Think that Georgia has several that are above average.

DawgDoc, WartDawg is the member on this board that has said "no excuses" probably more than anyone.

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds