Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 11 months ago #67523 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
DawgDoc Wrote:

.....You know Buc there are a few of us that get our feelings hurt when not recognized as "old members" of this board. I for one & NC Dawg for another have been on this board since the beginning. I may not post as much as I used to, but a wife recovering from a stroke keeps me pretty busy. So much of the same "old" that is perched over & over again gets old hat. Guess I have lost interest in the goings on on this board, sorry to say, but's that the way it is.

Would love to see a little change in the format, but that's not for me to say. Let's get after the other teams in the SEC & give them a little HELL!!!!! Quite the whining & "Let the bid dawg eat"...As always,GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And WHAT a strange trip its been!....Seen numerous iterations of this forum. Watched the rise and fall of many who once posted here, names long before those listed by Buc. I, nonetheless, completely understand Buc's perspective. In the early days, I was much like him....An outspoken advocate....a forum cheerleader. The reality, however, is like this forum, our FB program has likewise persevered through numerous iterations. From Dooley, to Goof, to DoNut, to the Anointed One, we've all watched the "few" highs scattered among the mind numbing lows. Like you, my friend, I want little more than consistency for our FB program...To win the games we are supposed to win and compete well in those where the deck may be stacked against us. I've sailed on the "off-season" hope and hype vessel far too many times, only to have the season unfold and watch the hope and hype quickly fade.

It is for these reasons that I usually take a hiatus from this forum during the off season. Been here, done this, got t-shirts that need to go to Goodwill!...Quality, at least to me, is far better than quantity. I know my place here and I'm comfortable with the routine I've established. Personally, I've discovered I'm a much better fan, particularly toward family and friends, when I've allowed myself NOT to indulge in hypothetical's and simply take the season for what it is.....and for this my wife is grateful!

Speaking of better half's, I'll continue to pray for your wife! Be well "Old Member"!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #67524 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Well put NCD. DawgDoc and you go way back. I have enjoyed the ride with you guys. You two guys are straight up Dawg fans.

There are some other folks that go back that far still around but not saying much. They pop up every now and then.

NCD and YD1.... Check your Dawg mail on the drop down menu top right corner after login. Your regular emails are bouncing back.

woof woof

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67525 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Done and done...only email was yours, which I replied to!

BTW:.....Oddly enough, I kinda miss the days of old where we fought numerous battles against drive by posters from rival schools....Hell, we even had a few heated conversations with left coast crazies......Our formative years, while not so great in the W/L arena, sure were exciting....

Good times......

GO DAWGS!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
8 years 11 months ago #67526 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: A BIG AMEN TO YOU NC DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #67527 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Everett Golson announces that he is transferring and now there are rumors that UGA is in the mix. Has anyone heard anything?

More
8 years 11 months ago #67528 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
He is from Myrtle Beach,SC. So USC is also on his wish list

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds