Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 2 days ago #67444 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Wilson was recruited as a ATH. No bait and switch here.... Cbmac.and CML. will see that he is SEC ready,,,,

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 2 days ago #67446 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
yankeedawg1, when Wilson flipped on us, chose West Virginia at that point.

Looking at West Virginia's receiver in this years NFL Draft, can understand Shaquery Wilson taking a hard look. Someone was going to replace Kevin White and Wilson was the selection. Loaded with talent. Some stats on Kevin White below.

Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.
40 Time: 4.35.

Personally don't feel that we are as far behind the eight ball as the media likes to describe when chirping about our receiving corps.

Don't know if it is understood just how much Bryan McClendon means to our recruiting efforts in Florida. When he talks, players and coaches listen.

Have to believe that Bryan McClendon and Brian Schottenheimer will spend a lot of time together between now and Fall practice.

Still like Shakenneth Williams, receiver out of Rutland High School in Macon, Georgia. Another football player that enjoys the game.

www.hudl.com/athlete/818237/highlights/105813400/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
9 years 2 days ago #67448 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
CBS spends quality time with all his assistant coaches asks their input and listens

That is the word I am hearing from the local roosters

As CJP says nobody is going to out work us today. That includes coaches and players

Money says we hit fall camp better prepared than we have in many years

This group wears carhart and knows about working a full day.... Won't see any slack in the chain

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 days ago #67449 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Wilson while not as fast as most of our receivers will be the possession type like Bennett. Tall and able to go up a get the ball is what is needed with our receiving corps and he fits that mold. BMac will teach him to do just that. Big plus to have him on the offense and good move by the coaches. Will really help on that 3rd and must situation with the inexperience at QB.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 2 days ago #67450 by Buc
Spot on ogredawg.

Seems to me that anything BMac touches turns to gold. Incredibly bright future. A future that he is putting the time in to get to where he deserves to be.

Say again, he has players and coaches in the State of Florida that have the utmost respect for him and his abilities on and off of the field.

Ball did some very good things in Athens, want nothing but the best for him at LSU. Simply said, Bryan McClendon brings something "different" to the wide receiver coaching ranks. BMac is a "hot item" in the football coaching world. Fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
9 years 2 days ago #67451 by Buc
At this point, going to drift away from some of the "stuff" that is written about quarterback and other positions.

Strictly a guess on my part, have to believe that the QB position has been settled. Only real change that I could see happening is for one of the QB's to either get in trouble over the Summer, or have an unexpected injury.

Mentioning injury. I can still see and have visited the game film against Clemson and Malcolm Mitchell going down after celebrating a UGA touchdown.

These young athletes are committed to the weight room, body building along with other exercises for cardio and whatever. I believe that some of these young men get "wound too tight" when lifting. Muscles get larger and tight, the two go together, flex is lost "sometimes" . . . . "many times".

Mark Hocke is in charge now, but have to say, did notice in the coaching changeover that we have pulled some hamstrings. Not a pretty site watching Isaiah McKenzie pull up in the G Day Game. Sometimes when supposedly healed, these pulls return. Difference in bodies, don't know. I am a great believer in "stretching". Not make believe "stretching", going the entire route for safeties sake. Believe that Isaiah McKenzie was "served notice" that he is a candidate for a return of the same injury.

I fully expect at this point for Brice Ramsey to be the starter. Not knowing his mental makeup, if he did not start and the "competition" was called close, he would be one upset puppy watching Faton Bauta start the first game of the season. Don't doubt that for a minute.

If Ramsey starts and continues to move the team in a winning direction, go for it. He wears the same Red and Black as the others. Just keep the "politics" out of the decision making.

Don't have a good read on Schottenheimer at this point, but I am not so foolish as to not think that "Schotty" does not have a leader in his head. Can't go throught Spring Practice and not know more than when Spring Practice started. Has to be something in the offensive coordinator's daily coaching that has him leaning in a certain direction.

Know this . . . . If I am wanting the starting QB position badly enough, folks back home have to understand that my Summer will be spent in Athens getting ready to run this very talented offense. Gamecocks and Bama will come to play, be prepared. Classic City is not a bad place to spend ones Summer. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds