Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 2 days ago #67452 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
You are correct Athens is not a bad place to spend the summer. I have been here for the past 12

True CBS has QB order in his head. However he also knows after his experience with the Rams

Nothing wrong with having a skilled backup. I still see. Summer workouts being very important to

The actual naming of a starter. Need to be aware injuries can and do happen in fall camp

At best we are all guessing at this point. Part of our fan summer workouts

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 days ago #67454 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
I'm with Buc on the QB situation. With all the coaching changes, I don't think richt has changed his mindset at all. I think Ramsey has been the starter for 2015 since last season. I think richt hasn't named a starter to make it appear there is a QB competition to satisfy his detractors--remember though, he doesn't pay attention to the internet or those of us out of the arena. I fully expect to hear richt announce that after a heated summer competition for the QB spot, Ramsey has edged out the other two.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 2 days ago #67455 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
sadlerdawg, I just finished reading the article below. Might be you have already.

One of the problems that I have is when the majority of the media seem to favor a particular player, there is good reason for that. Some are privy to more than others.

You and I go back a long distance on this board with "arena". Nuff said.

When I read articles like the one below, I come away dumbfounded.

Head coach lists too many +'s when describing Faton Bauta for him to wear headphones.

All or most of us have favorties, reason some jerseys sell more than others. Reason I say that . . . . I still believe that knowing what I know and again, reading what is said in the Seth Emerson article, how does Faton not play.

Also, have thought about you recently with things going on in your profession. Seems to be spreading from city to city, regardless of population.

Question for you. Know that you are a Falcon Fan. Who are you wanting them to draft? Maybe if first choice is not there, number two. Believe we are going to see a lot of "wheeling and dealing" in this draft.

Stay safe.

www.macon.com/2015/04/30/3722346_georgia...arterbacks.html?rh=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 2 days ago #67456 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Seth is pretty close with his observations. We have spoken about FB's smarts if he wasn't comfortable with what was taking place his brain and heart would have him moving elsewhere
Sooner rather than later

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 days ago #67457 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc, I'm hoping for Gurley all the way to become a Falcon. Likely won't happen, nor will any draft that makes sense. I don't have a lot of faith in the brass to make the right choices. They've had a few, but a lot more duds than good ones in my opinion.

I'm always on guard when I'm at work, especially lately. Thanks for the words

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 2 days ago #67458 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Mean that sadlerdawg, Thank You.

Have mentioned to you before that I have very good friends that are on guard these days . . . . big time.

A healthy Todd Gurley packs the stadium.

A healthy Todd Gurley has been mentioned in the same breath as Adrian Peterson, and Marshawn Lynch. I believe he has some of "both".

yankeedawg1, I sincerely hope that we continue to see "further change" in operations in Athens. Coaching changes and different player recruiting tactics has me "trying" really hard to believe again. You and I both seem to like Sales, and . . . . what is not to like about Thomas Brown.

Thomas Brown's star running back is either the first or second choice tonight in the NFL draft (running backs). For him to return to Athens, speaks volumes to me about a change in coaching philosophy.

Soon we can either like or dislike Brian Schottenheimer. Might be that he should have been coaching in college sooner. Just my thoughts . . . . at this point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds