Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 1 week ago #67419 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Steve you got the picture. Sh*t does flow down hill. You now know why royalty built the castle

On top of a high hill. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #67426 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Yankeedawg1, appears to me that the coaching staff in Athens is set for some time to come.

Did notice that President Jere Morehead "replaced" Athletic Director Greg McGarity with the last release from the Public Relations Department concerning the “delivery of the IPF”.

Really does not matter how the IPF gets constructed, just need to listen to the coaches that understand how to keep talented football players in the State of Georgia. Thirty Million Dollars put out for all of us to read, guarantee anyone that Pruitt was not after a 30 million dollar facility, he was asking for something that “others” in the SEC have. Makes both the offensive and defensive coaches jobs easier. Don't remember a $ sign on the comments that Pruitt made.

From where I sit, we have a group of coaches that understand what it takes to not only make their recruiting and coaching efforts easier, takes those in higher positions to understand what yankeedawg1 and stevedawg said in this thread about spit flowing downhill.

We have had many talented players since Mark Richt took over the job as head coach, and we have also added some coaches recently that “actually” spend an enormous amount of time trying to improve on what coaches prior to the new arrivals did or did not do. Comes a time when that old Ford or Chevrolet needs a new set of tires.

Best thing that has happened to University of Georgia Football in a long while is having coaches that understand “when” and “where” players need to be offered scholarships.

Here is hoping that we continue to keep the offensive and defensive lines “recruited” in such a way as to remember that running backs are only as good as their offensive line, or stopping the run requires talent like what is expected of Trenton Thompson and others.

Quarterbacks and running backs . . . . more to SEC Football than those two positions. Eason might be all that, but I wonder just how well AM would have done with the same talent up front when he was taking the snaps as it appears that any of the three quarterbacks now in Athens or Eason coming in 2016.

yd1, your BPS material on Friday's bring up many points that other sites or posts "brush over".
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, gregdawg

More
9 years 4 days ago #67427 by Buc
yankeedawg1, again looking at and reading the BPS.

If Schottenheimer can/has come in and got the players to believe in what he "teaches" . . . . another plus for us. I know that I have said many offensive coaches could bring their coaching skills to Athens, with the talent that is on campus and supposedly coming to the Classic City the next several years, why would any of us doubt that we have taken another step forward. Time for me to accept what sflanagan21 said soon after the hire . . . . think sflanagan21 referred to the offensive coordinator as "Schotty(ie)". While I am not on a first name basis with Brain Schottenhemier, I am on base reading what sf21 has had to say and the back and forth with ogredawg, they are both all that. Both mean much to this board . . . . why? You know.

I believe that sflanagan21 is not unlike others "his age" that are in tune with the "young pups" that play this day and time. While some of us watch and talk about high school and college football, we are not in the same position day after day when he and others are on the practice field and Friday nights.

Explanations of the above paragraph . . . . those actually coaching these young players are not writing articles for "hits", he and others like him are "teaching football" so you and I can post about the things these "young pups" have been "taught", prior to entering any college football program.

There are others that we don't hear from too often, but what they have to say is appreciated. Bet that. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 4 days ago #67428 by Buc
Have referred to others that have posted or started threads on this site from time to time. Time to come back. There are many things that could be said about those that haven't posted recently. Solid posters. Those of us that "hang around" would like nothing more than seeing members saying hello and returning.

Here is a list of members that are appreciated and it would mean much to this board if they would find their way back.

GooseDawg78, wlayton, kentdaddy, OldSouthDawg, LimeyDawg, fire_dawg, BulldogShannon, bulldawg36869, TN Dawg, BullDawg2010, Rdawg, flyindawg, WoodstockDawg, TampaDawg, Getdown11, DawgnLA, SouthernDawg, Scooby, Gillette . . . . pulling member names from the "vault". More to come.

There is not a board anywhere that could compete with board members listed above if they posted. Going to publish more names, have only scratched the surface.

Folks like averagedawg, Wartdawg and many others that are really "deep" into UGA Football and I know "wear the colors".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
9 years 4 days ago #67429 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
It amazes me that before a coach gets to coach his first game people are forming what amounts to

A guess based on history what type of coach they will turn out to be

We have several coaches who fill that role. Large number of SEC schools have new coaching faces and Their fans are doing the same. We had a bad experience with a NFL assistant.

No question Towel left a very bad impression of what happens when coaches move from pro to college

The rap is that they over complicate to impress. I like many have watched and read everything on

CBS has done since arriving in Athens. None of which shows any signs of a inflated NFL ego

Time will judge Schotty.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 days ago #67430 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: You know Buc there are a few of us that get our feelings hurt when not recognized as "old members" of this board. I for one & NC Dawg for another have been on this board since the beginning. I may not post as much as I used to, but a wife recovering from a stroke keeps me pretty busy. So much of the same "old" that is perched over & over again gets old hat. Guess I have lost interest in the goings on on this board, sorry to say, but's that the way it is.
Would love to see a little change in the format, but that's not for me to say. Let's get after the other teams in the SEC & give them a little HELL!!!!! Quite the whining & "Let the bid dawg eat".
As always,GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :S :S :S :S :S

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds