Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

9 years 3 days ago #67405 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

It has been ten straight days with measureable rain. Don’t need an IPF something more like the Ark.

From Rome,Ga Thursday night with the Dawg caravan our friend Pouty from the AJC reports that Prez Moorehead thinks that the IPF will be ready for fall camp 2016.

A firmer date will be forthcoming at the boards May meeting.

They wanted to wait until the 2015 season ends as not to mess with the current practice field and surrounding areas. Progress?

This week’s Blue Plate Special- QBDP2 – CMB*CBS – SOS

Quarterback discussion part two-

Thanks to those who spoke up last Friday on what can be done differently to develop starting quarterbacks

Reviewing those schools that have the same problem we have and chosen to do as we have. Wait……

Not naming a starter this year until fall seems to be the trendy thing to do.

The Gus Bus has named their guy..for now… see what happens in the fall.

I hear the moans that we need to have named a starter so everyone would know who the “Guy” is.

Me I like seeing who is going to bust tail this summer…water always seeks it own level…. Leadership will raise when challenged…

This is from the ABH fish wrapper…Wednesday 4/22/15

Richt said all three have “plenty of arm,” to throw deep, but missed too many passes throughout the spring by throwing too far.

“You didn’t have to tell (Aaron) Murray to back-shoulder a guy,” Richt said.

“Murray was going to keep it in play and put it where we could get it. Very few times did Murray lay it out and have them go get it.

It would have to be really evident that our guy got ahead and stacked the guy for him to lay it out.

If it was two guys side-by-side, he was going to rip it on the backside of that guy and boom.

He completed a bunch of balls because he kept them in play.

We’ve got young guys that want to throw that perfect, long bomb but when you throw it too flat and too far, you’ll never complete a ball that’s thrown too far.”

It’s more than just arm strength to make the big pass play downfield”.

Sounds very much like what has been posted here….several times

In thinking back it was mostly the media that kept using the words cannon for an arm.

Players have voiced that all 3 can get the ball where it needs to be.

CMB * CBS

This is not a throw down of CMB just tossing thoughts out about the

Past and present OC.

When asked MM said that CBS puts in a pass play and it takes 10 seconds to understand what he wants.

With CMB it was more like 5 minutes….

Have not heard since CBS has been here that any QB needs to work on his footwork……

If he has it has not been aired to the public….

It has been discussed here why did AM need to go elsewhere to get
Coaching??

I see CMB …maybe a better OC than QB coach?

IMO had CMB remained in Athens we would not have to wait until fall. The starter would be BR no question in my mind.

It may turn out to be BR or JP who wins out….but FB has benefited having new OC.

SOS – Sh*t on a shingle…anyone remember what that was ?

No really SOS….Strength of Schedule

Reading this week were the SEC has dropped even further with conference strength of scheduling.

With the new playoff system it appears that a one loss team stands just as good a chance as the undefeated teams if they win their conference CG.

It is disappointing to pay the season ticket prices then get to watch 3 cupcakes get crushed.

However, no team is going to step out and change and give an advantage to another league team by playing a harder schedule.

Hey to Greg and his buds…..

Pause and give thanks..

Have a great weekend and a safe week….

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 days ago #67408 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Good read yankeedawg1.

Much to be discussed in your BPS, plan to do that a bit later.

Particularly like reading that Schottenheimer can install a play much the way some of us did as young pups. He does it in 10 seconds, we drew the play up in the dirt. Did not play much on manicured grass. :)

On the Mike Bobo talk, I am one that still believes not only Bobo but other coaches knew how to do things only "one way". Has been said on this board if one looks at film dating back many years, the offense has not changed much. One change that has been inserted is lining up quickly and then looking at the sidelines for calls. Another area that AM understood, and all of his film work and outside quarterback studies, he was very good at changing plays.

You are so right about the media jumping all over the "cannon arms" being the main criteria for a quarterback. Goes to show that most of them or many of them have never "watched four quarters of football". All about the "hits" on their web sites. Newsprint a thing of the past.

Greg is doing well, is starting to get that "short timer" attitude. All in fun, great Dawg and Marine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 2 days ago #67409 by Buc
yankeedawg1, in our home we still prepare SOS, most of the time it is sausage gravy, have used chipped beef. If it's SOS, most of us line up with Jimmy Dean Sausage, and Chef Buc at the stove. ;) Followed by Bloody Mary's.

Second time reading the BPS, found myself "looking around" and came up with Kemberley's article on Schottenheimer and players involved.

Find myself feeling a lot like what I read in her article. Wait and see sort of attitude. Realize that "some" believe there is a quarterback battle, have not really bought into that "yet".

My main concern is getting the Center position on the offensive line settled. Two of the three that are being offered for the spot, Kublanow and Wynn are my choices at this point. Both can play left guard, so it is in my mind a good cross training effort there. Personally, want to see Isaiah Wynn step up over the Summer and claim the position. Rob Sales will make that decision, not a doubt in my mind. Have to say again, beginning to like what I see coming from Rob Sales.

Head coach said that all three quarterbacks have the "arm" to play the position. Does take me back to being able to run the ball from that position with "authority". More important to me at this point is Center, keep saying that, but in my mind that is the "missing link".

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...it-good-now-lets-go/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
9 years 2 days ago #67410 by Buc
Back again yd1, trying to absorb everything in the BPS. Lots of "stuff" when looked at closely enough.

In the BPS, pulled this, you posted . . . .

“You didn’t have to tell (Aaron) Murray to back-shoulder a guy,” Richt said.

“Murray was going to keep it in play and put it where we could get it. Very few times did Murray lay it out and have them go get it".

Called moving the chains. Don't always agree with our head coach, but what he said about AM is "spot on".

To me it comes back to "team play" not "me play".

Guarantee anyone that when AM was in his Junior and Senior years, opposing coaches had more than our coaches to try and figure out. AM was a coach on the field, read defenses, damn right.

Can only imagine what AM could have done if he had the offensive line that the three quarterbacks in "competition" now have in front of them.

Yes, AM is gone. Have read a couple of comments elsewhere about AM, and get over it talk, he is no longer in Athens. I say to that, don't have to have a "cannon" to win, film study and spending Summers with his receivers and backs means that those that follow . . . . AM left a message . . . . Don't have to be 6'3" or more and have a cannon . . . . helps to spend time in the film room and off time with teammates getting timing down.

Good thread yd1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 2 days ago #67411 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Bud. Likewise big fan of Jimmy Dean... All started with chipped beef. Great comfort food

Seems to me that between what Kimberly said about Jws. Comment and what MM said lies

The truth about CBS. My read it depends a great deal on the learning ability of the receiver

Not being ugly we all self included learn at a different rate.

Thanks for kind words on the bps never want a customer to leave hungry

Have a great weekend. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 2 days ago #67412 by Buc
yankeedawg1, going through the BPS, have another question. Not being ugly, just questioning what I read from those that are in charge.

Pulled this from the BPS . . . .

From Rome,Ga Thursday night with the Dawg caravan our friend Pouty from the AJC reports that Prez Moorehead thinks that the IPF will be ready for fall camp 2016.

My question is this . . . . If Jeremy Pruitt had not stepped out and brought the Indoor Practice Facility to the forefront . . . . When would the IPF have been either started or completed? Things pertaining to Georgia Football that pass through my mind. I have other questions, but this is a start, or whatever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds