Forum

G Day Game

9 years 2 weeks ago #67257 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
sflanagan21, good to read a post from you again.

You posted above . . . . I think the Wing T set Ramsey too far back to be an SEC QB right now. Agree with that assessment. Watching some of Brice Ramsey high school film, he was quick to run the football if his first receiver was covered. He has wheels, just don't feel totally comfortable with him making "smart reads" and you know the difference.

growl, get a chance pull youtube up sometime and watch Bo Wallace, then compare what we see from Ramsey. Not actually blaming Ramsey totally, but I do know that he has not spent the time in the film room that Faton Bauta has. Film study has made many an average quarterback much better.

Steve wish I could have been with you on Saturday. Two practices left, bet this . . . . there will be coaches laying the law, both on the field and off. Every year we seem to have some that get sidetracked, all part of growing up I suppose.

Allow me this again . . . . Could not be happier with the signing of Thomas Brown. Red and Black will change, and it will be for the better. Coaching staff "almost" complete. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67258 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic G Day Game
sflanagan not really talking about you. you have enough posts and good ones to your credit. I am talking about the ones who have less than 20 posts and only show up during the season and when things are good. We are the ones here good or bad keeping this board alive and most understand that people have other lives than the internet.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67259 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
DWS, hoping that Jarvis Jones can heal and get on with the program. I know that the leadership in Pittsburgh don't wait too long for players to develop, injury or otherwise.

Jarvis Jones is in my mind one of the folks that is responsible for the "turn around" that we see going on in Athens. He was a different type of player. No nonsense, all about the game. When his playing days are over, he will become a coach, no doubt in my mind, and . . . . a very successful coach. Has that "Leadership quality". Anyone doubts that, Jarvis Jones is the man that "rocked" IC's world . . . . physically. Both were Columbus, Georgia products.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #67260 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic G Day Game
No it hasn't, but after spring practice it appears he is clearly 3rd on the depth chart.

So all I can comment on is the way things look right now.

I just have little faith on our staff (read as: Mark Richt) when it comes to this sort of thing. I've seen it before.

....and for the record, I am not questioning your football acumen. In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if Park wasn't the best option.

What would surprise me however is seeing him getting the chance unless BRamsey falls flat on his face into
a bucket of interceptions and losses, and/or injury.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67261 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic G Day Game
Thanks og, I wasn't sure if that was a direct shot at me or not. I just wanted it to be known that I follow this board which I have tons of respect for you all and UGA football year round.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67262 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic G Day Game
Let me see if I can throw in some comments that will "stir the pot", without trying to start a fight. Actually, I think just about everyone will agree with what I'm about to write anyway, unless someone wants to "set me straight", which I will WELCOME at this point!

Go back to when Richt first got here. David Greene and D.J. Shockley - an embarrassment of riches. Had it not been for the weird shape of the football, in my humble opinion - we would have had two national championships during those early years. Oh well. (The point will come later in this post.)

Next we had a little slump, since the next QB up was Joe Tereshinski 3. Damn Good Dawg, but not a GREAT QB.

Next we had Matthew Stafford. When you look at the STUDS on the field for us at that time - wow - will we EVER see that kind of line up again?! And another "almost" national championship gets away, because of unforgivable blown games. Still - not the point of this post.

Next we had a little "down spell" as we had Joe Cox (another DGD, but not great QB - better than many may think though). And then came Aaron Murray. AM was certainly a higher caliber QB - I'd put him in the class of Greene and Shockley. And yet ANOTHER NC slips through our hands, this time by 5 yards. Dang it. And STILL not my point. Here it comes though:

Then we went through a down time with Hutson Mason. Another DGD, mind you, but still not a GREAT QB.

And here we are at the point of my post. Can you tell me who our next "David Greene\DJ Shockley\Matthew Stafford\Aaron Murray" will be? I can't. And THAT is what has me worried now. In the past I always felt like I could figure out who had "IT". Today I can't. I hope I'm wrong and that either Ramsey or Bauta or Park has "IT", but from everything I'm hearing - no joy.

The time to fix this was at least two years ago. That's how far behind we are. The next "great" QB we have to look forward to, from everything I'm reading, is still a JUNIOR in high school, 2000 miles away. And 2017 before he REALLY has the ropes of D1 football (if ever). And yet, over in South Carolina, they seem able to turn sows ears into silk purses, just about every year (Garcia went the other way, I know, but they still had someone behind him to pick them back up).

Sorry - just how I see it now. 2017? I think we may have a chance at championships again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg, growl, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds