Forum

G Day Game

9 years 3 weeks ago #67221 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
One of my problems with those that "run our program in Athens".

Continue to see the same mistakes made over and over. Simple fact . . . . If our head coach was or is "all that" personally don't see it when looking at the way he has "not" managed the coaching staff.

For the first time in 15 years under Mark Richt, I see coaches that understand what it takes to "move forward". My problem with that . . . . for sure it took 14 years. Fifteenth year is yet to be played.

yd1, Faton Bauta is a prime example of a coaching staff that took a wrong turn at every intersection.

What do I like about Bauta? He enrolled at Georgia to play football, also he was told that he would have every opportunity to be a starting quarterback in Athens.

Going to say this . . . . Glad that Mike Bobo is gone. Never, ever would Faton Bauta have played the starting role at quarterback under Bobo. Reason? That has never been explained, but it has been covered up by the coaching staff. Up until the "Football Group from Alabama" arrived on campus, we were in a downward spiral.

Anyone willing to speak to that last comment? Where were we after JAX under Richt/Bobo/grantham? The bottom had fallen out of our program. I use the word "our". This group that plays football in Athens needed change. Listen to the players and their comments since the group from Alabama brought SEC Football to Georgia.

I question anyone that would say that spirits have been this high before the "Alabama Gang" arrived.

Will move away from that area for now. Today we have a "scrimmage", almost every player on scholarship knows what will or will not happen between the Hedges today.

Don't expect to see anything from the offense other than "controlled action".

yd1, you have mentioned more than once that Keith Marshall should not be running the football into a group of defensive players that could end his playing football. Quite frankly, not sure where the "genius" is coming from our offensive staff making believe that Keith Marshall is well. He is not.

Took many years for our head coach and his offensive coordinator to understand the importance of an offensive line. Another link to "Alabama Football 101" seems to have changed some of that. Coach Will Friend knew it was time to leave Athens, he did one thing well . . . . built an offensive line "without" a basket full of 5***** athletes. Coach Will Friend was not and is not about "media" . . . . he is about teaching football at the college level. Rob Sales, LSU background . . . . they play football on the offensive line down in the Bayou.

Excellent point on Drew Brees, yankeedawg1. Speaks well to what we hear about Faton Bauta, coming from those in the press that have a seat in Butts-Mehre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: swampdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67222 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
First published read that I have found on today's game.

I have some thoughts, sure some of you do.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/04/11/36646...georgias-spring.html

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/041115aaa.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67223 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic G Day Game
A beautiful spring day in Athens. It was not too hot in the stadium, low 80's, no humidity. Pretty big crowd.

I was right beside the hedges when they walked the "commit" group into the stadium with their entourages. These are the high schoolers they are trying to get to sign. Quite a few are over 6'6 and wide as a locomotive. I have video of them walking by where I was standing.

I have video of a few plays coming later today or tomorrow. Nothing spectacular but you might want to see it. I'll post here when it is ready. Save some time to watch about 30 minutes.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67224 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic G Day Game
Has the downward spiral been stopped? Having lost 3 games that we should not have lost AND in the manner in which they were lost, bone headed play calling and the inability to stop the run has me saying no it has not. Much to prove this coming season and today's game really does not say much other than we are still going to throw the ball ALOT.

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67225 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic G Day Game
I saw a lot of up the middle and different length passes. Like Buc said, orchestrated to make sure they rehearsed all the different types of plays.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
9 years 3 weeks ago #67226 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic G Day Game
Buc thanks for the links didn't get to watch the game as far as RB position goes the guy coming in the summer will play this season kind of tired can't remember his name.

DWS taking some time off.

Time to ride Sadler have u took the Harley for a good ride yet?

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds