Forum

G Day Game

9 years 3 weeks ago #67227 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic G Day Game
If you have not taken a look go to Bleacher Report much on the G Game

Imac out after his TD. Pulled hammie

AJ. Had a good game we need this horse...

FB. Made plays. Nice check down yo the TE for a TD.....QB still open good thing

Looks like we landed a big OT. Smile Buc

Good working on getting better. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, swampdawg, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #67228 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic G Day Game
I wouldn't put too much read into the "game". Very orchestrated. Everybody suited up and playing their part. Dress rehearsal. We saw the basic plays and the teams made the plays just as they rehearsed them.

Any hype surrounding the scrimmage is just that, PR hype. Nothing that happened today has any chance of showing us what the team can do in real conditions.

I had fun. Go Dawgs. It was a beautiful spring day in Athens.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, swampdawg

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
9 years 3 weeks ago #67230 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic G Day Game
So both my kids had soccer games, so I couldn't see the G-day game.

I hear Bauta looked really good.

Was it just he and Ramsey?

Wasn't someone running around here not too long ago talking about how they knew Park was going to win the job?

So if I heard correctly about FB looking good.... any bets that Ramsey will still be our starter regardless of how good FB has
looked?

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #67231 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic G Day Game
I said Park would win the job and still think before the season ends he will be the starter. Ramsey got the most snaps with the first team. Also said Bauta will not start do not care how well he does, he does not fit the mold for the offense. If Park does not win the job look for him to join Spurrier next year. Not right about a lot of things and will come back and say I was wrong, but I was not wrong about Theus, and watch for Reggie Carter to be a dominate force at ILB.

Remember what the media is saying because someone has to be telling them things. Ramsey is #1 and very little has changed on the offensive side of the ball. Oh yeah we are also 2 years away from being the great team we once were, the savior is on the way from the west coast.

The G day game will be on the SEC network at 10pm eastern 9 central tonight

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67232 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
Good to see your return to the board. Know that you stay busy with work and family Wartdawg.

Allow me this . . . .

Remember well the conversation about Jacob Park.

Believe that Jacob Park probably still has some of that "high school quarterback" in him. There is a learning process, some do better than others, some never convert completely. Yes, going back to the conversation some time back, Park does have an arm, with that arm comes a requirement for film room work. Park has yet to play "live SEC Ball", we all know that scrimmage is one thing, Saturday's are totally different.

Brice Ramsey. Another young player with an "arm". Ramsey at this point reminds me of departed Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace. Make some great plays and come right back after a great play and have the coaches scratching their heads. From where I sit, feel that Brice Ramsey has been on campus long enough to be further along than he appears to be. Appears to me that he might be having a problem with the playbook also. Ramsey came out of a high school that does not run the same offense that Georgia does, reads are different. Mark Richt knew that when he recruited both Brice Ramsey and Faton Bauta.

Speaking to the passing game, am not real comfortable with what I see from our receiving corps. Receivers not unlike quarterbacks have to learn how to run routes, they can't get away with playing backyard football in the SEC. Everything in "most successful" passing games are built on "timing". Basically rules out drawing a play in the dirt.

Young receiving recruits on the way, but . . . . this is not high school. Talent has to be molded to fit the overall operation of the offense being run. New offensive coordinator, don't care how much we hear from the press and others about plays remaining the same, more to it than that. Players and coaches have to either be or get on the same page if positive results are expected game after game.

If I am a quarterback or receiver, my time this Summer is spent in Athens. End of Spring practice, players should have a good understanding of what Schottenheimer is looking for. I believe in the following words . . . . "Practice Makes Perfect".

No doubt in my mind that Faton Bauta will spend the summer in the Classic City. He has proven his work and study habits from day one of his arrival in Athens. Keeps his mouth shut, pats others on the back when they make a good play. Anyone that doubts Faton Bauta's skill set, there are two lines to line up in, your choice and the "team line".

I have not been totally satisfied with the way the quarterbacks have been handled for some time now. Supposedly we have a guru type head coach that is all about quarterbacking. Allow me this also . . . . Richt through his recruiting efforts can get young men to come to Athens and play the position. My problem with that is we seem to have a lot of problems with the quarterback position going back to the early years of Mark Richt in Athens. One would think that there would be less problems at that position in Athens.

I often ask myself this question when looking back trying to figure out the future. Why was it that AM left campus twice to attend quarterback camps? Was it from a lack of teaching skills in Athens? I also remember this . . . . Bobo and Richt had their lips "extended" after AM went to the Manning Camp, even further extended when AM returned from Oklahoma and being tutored by George Whitfield, Jr. Through all of that, AM showed respect, refusing to get involved with words. Appears to me that AM sent a strong message . . . . If I don't have the bazooka for an arm, will use my brain. He did and led the Red and Black to many wins. A loss against Alabama in Atlanta that I still contend Richt/Bobo are responsible for.

Folks, I type the way I feel. Don't agree, I have no problems with that. You and I are basically fans. I have problems with coaches making the big bucks that even last season caused us to enter at least two games on the loss ledger.

My two cents.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #67233 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Park
Good to know about the game. I'll watch it tonight.

Don't be defensive about the Park comment. You're dead on right about it not mattering how well Bauta plays.

The comment about the predictions about Park (although I thought it was sflanigan who was runnin around guaranteeing Park would be the guy) were more directed at our coaching staff, where no matter how many things change...things remain the same.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not..... It doesn't matter how well Bauta or Park plays: once anointed by Richt, you're anointed. Ramsey may or may not be he best man for the job... I'm not there at practice, but he will be the starter. That was decided by Richt early last season.

"Open QB competition" was just lip service.

Can't wait to watch the game. I heard Turman looked good, and there were a lot of bright spots.

Go Dawgs! May your bite overcome Mark Richt's carnival barking!

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds