Forum

G Day Game

9 years 2 weeks ago #67284 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic G Day Game
Nice to see out of the 10 commits (still counting Emmons although he will be going to Tennessee) that 4 of the 10 are Offensive Lineman. Now get 3 or 4 more and we should be set barring injury for the next couple of years and really start going after the Tunsil's of the future

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67285 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
You are on TOP of the program again ogredawg. Offensive line play is understood by some coaches. Below is the roster for Tennessee, check the number of offensive linemen in Knoxville. Not saying all are "all that" just pointing out the numbers.

Tennessee has Jalen Hurd, Alvin Kamara at running back and agree that Emmons will sign with the Vols. Program is definitely on the rise. Jalen Hurd is a load.

You have posted before that we have to stop the run. Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama and others will test the middle for sure in 2015.

www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tenn-m-footbl-mtt.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, growl

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67286 by Buc
Other side of the coin . . . . John Theus in the video below makes no bones about what we will do. Not that we did not know already, just good to hear Theus saying to anyone that wants to hear it . . . . we have running backs and we have a damn good offensive line.

Quite frankly, the three that are trying to win the QB position, might want to check out what the quarterback did when Herschel Walker was the running back.

Understand fully that we have to throw the football, but we don't make the same mistake(s) made in the South Carolina game.

This offensive line (2015) is prepared to do what JT said in the video . . . . by the way, if Nick Chubb carries the football up to 25 times in a game, anyone believe he won't find the endzone . . . . maybe more than once or twice . . . .

One more thing about the offensive line . . . . Coach Will Friend played a lot of very talented offensive lineman before departing. Left UGA in much better shape than when he arrived. Will Friend is special. I said that.

Some have probably watched the video, what the heck, take a second look. :)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67287 by Buc
Thoughts about what John Theus had to say about Georgia being a running team in 2015.

VD was the head coach for many years, came away with on National Championship. One beats none.

Thoughts on that, if Herschel Walker was not the running back for Georgia, I don't believe we would have won a NC under VD. Do know that we had long frustrating years when Herschel departed.

Takes me to this . . . . Richt you have some very good running backs, again. If you cannot move our team further along than has happened for 14 years, could very well be your last shot at a National Championship. No longer can it be said, or maybe should be said, that we were/are talent deficient.

Today watched the G Day Game for the third time. The 2015 team is loaded with talent, both sides. Might want to sharpen the coaching skills between now and September.

Matt Stinchcomb had some very good things to say about Faton Bauta. Stinchcomb was All-American, Academic All-American, NFL for 7 years, think maybe he knows what he is talking about.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67288 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic G Day Game
Glad to see the D looking better. In spite of the loss, I was encouraged by the South Carolina game last year because a young, inexperienced D with a new coach made a big play at the end of the game to give us a chance to win. That is players putting it out for a coach and a coach making a great call at a pressure moment.

When I think of the increased talent and experience in the secondary and the scary LBs we have, and I keep my fingers crossed on the D Line, I think we are going to see the new Junkyard Dawgs emerge this year.

Thinking back a few years, seeing a potentially solid D and a very solid (and deep) O Line, the program has plugged the two biggest gaps in its performance over the past 6-8 years.

We have great running backs, a potential All-American at tight end, and talent catching the ball (and more on the way). I don't care if we have a QB that can sling it 75 yards. I don't care if we have a QB who can run for 75 yards a game. What I want to see is a QB who is a winner - does the right thing under pressure and makes the big play when needed. Leadership will take care of itself. We need a winner. I would like to see one of these guys show some Conner Shaw on the field. If that happens, we'll be fine. If not, our ulcers will return in September.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, DAWGtm

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67289 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic G Day Game
rockdawg, you are right. We can have superstars at every position - but a gifted QB who makes bad decisions can give away any game we own.

I like your reference to "Connor Shaw". One of those guys needs to step up and surpass his natural ability and just WIN. Take the job and MAKE it his own, and then WIN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds