Forum

G Day Game

9 years 2 weeks ago #67249 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic G Day Game
Dyshon Sims played the entire game at Left Guard. Still have this feeling that Dyshon is going to be placed at Left Tackle. Points in the direction that Isaiah Wynn is the favorite at Center, at this point anyway.

Think most of us realize that the G Day Game is for the most part a chance for the coaches to see their players in a different situation than practice during the week. Get over 46 thousand fans in Sanford, tends to raise the "juice level" with the players. That sometimes can be the difference in the players standing with the coaches. Many also know that there is sometimes a difference between a "practice player" and a "gamer".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67250 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic G Day Game
Jarvis Jones was a gamer.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #67251 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic G Day Game
Spot on again Buc..."Think most of us realize that the G Day Game is for the most part a chance for the coaches to see their players in a different situation than practice during the week. Get over 46 thousand fans in Sanford, tends to raise the "juice level" with the players. That sometimes can be the difference in the players standing with the coaches. Many also know that there is sometimes a difference between a "practice player" and a "gamer"."

They got their juices pumped alright. Run out on the field with the band playing and the crowd cheering. That will keep them juiced all summer. I got a dose too. Juice running high.

The players looked good individually. I saw some super stars doing their thing. Lots of hope for these guys. I hope they get to do their thing in games. :cheer:

Still, I don't want to drink the kool-aid. We have those pooch kick calls to overcome. That only comes out during clutch plays in real games.:whistle:
GO DAWGS!!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• stevedawg
  • stevedawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • DAWGS.com moderator
9 years 2 weeks ago #67254 by growl
Replied by growl on topic G Day Game
Buc, just having you mention that Ramsey reminds you of Bo Wallace scares the crap out of me, hopefully if he gets the nod any resemblance to Bo Wallace will not surface anymore.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #67255 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic G Day Game
Wartdawg, has the QB position been handed out to someone yet? Yea I didn't think so...

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #67256 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic G Day Game
And for the record I come to the board every single day to read but I don't have time to post in every single topic and nor do I have the desire to. Also, I follow UGA football, baseball and basketball 24/7 year round, I'm NO fair weather fan by any means.

I still feel very strongly that Park will figure out the system and before all is said and done he will be our QB. FB is a stud and I've been on record on here saying that he would be a great QB but not a good fit for Bobo's system. Bobo isn't here anymore so FB has a good as shot as anyone. I think the Wing T set Ramsey too far back to be an SEC QB right now.

But the fact is there is still a lot of improvement needed from all of them and I wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 get a shot in the first 2 games if one doesn't pull away in the summer.

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds