Forum

A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65687 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

Oldawg wrote: Could be that Will Friend is following Bobo due to better job, money and friendship. Don't disagree there are problems at top but many of us have left jobs for these reasons and not because the ship was sinking.

That's the truth. As much as we might want to speculate, we need to be aware that is what we are doing when we claim things like "Bobo is leaving because he's sick of the BS!!"

Maybe it was just as simple as he's aware Richt plans on going no where soon, so it's not like he was going to inherit the job here anytime soon. Friend? As much as I like him.. it's an upward opportunity many of us would take. OL coach to OC is a big step in a coaching career.

Change is often scary to a lot of folk, but change is opportunity. For whatever it's worth, here are some facts. With Mike Bobo we are still who and what we have been... a 9 win sort of team. If Bobo was behind what success that we've had then maybe people see that in the next couple of years and we rid ourselves of bigger problems like Richt and McScrooge. If Bobo was the one whose head went up his can during critical moments of the game, then we will find that
out as well.

Others have pointed out that with the talent we have on offense, many, many good candidates
will want this job if we hire from the outside. If not.. we have some options internally as
well.

Personally.. I'm sick of 9 wins and going to the crap bowl. Maybe this will instigate positive change because we get a new voice (play calling predictability may go away), or maybe it will
be the first domino that ends with Richt out the door.

Either way, this program needed to be shook up and this is exactly that.

CJP was a shakeup, but this on thing with the offense is a shakeup in Richt's personal backyard. The O is the only thing that has saved his bacon during the past...ya know.. forever.

So here's your litmus test Richt.. I think you just got shaken right out of your comfort zone.

Now go prove you deserve the support your apologists say you deserve.

I'll be watching.

3 things may happen here:

We stay the same, so Bobo is no big loss.

We get better, or we get worse and Richt rides into the sunset as many have called for him to do.

Again.. I'll be watching.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65688 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
Oldawg, think that most of us know that times like this will test any program.

With all that is going on, there is no doubt that other recruiters make sure that all the young pups are aware. Strange things go through young 18 year old minds, can speak to that, have been there and lived the same. Few years past that now. :)

When Pruitt spoke up about the IPF, he was as serious as one can be about it being a huge recruiting factor. Pruitt does not speak to hear himself. He in my mind is a down in the dirt football coach.

My problem again is I don't believe that our head coach is that type coach. On occasion it is mentioned that folks in Athens over a period of time have become too comfortable. I am one that believes that having watched the game of football for several years.

Too many coaches are rushing to improve their lot, when I believe that can be done the same way I see Pruitt and his defensive group working the young talent.

sflanagan21 above mentions Pruitt staying involved with Terry Godwin. Best I recall, Pruitt was in Athens, sat at the welcoming table with the head coach, presser over, got up and made his way to meet with Godwin. That is exactly what we have with McClendon.

Just speaking as one of those that has been on both sides of the fence, more than once, did it twice with our head coach. I do not believe he has anything left in the bag to show me he has the leadership qualities that will move UGA any further up than he has in the past 14 years.

I mention 14 years a lot recently, but 14 years is a long time to be a head coach in the SEC and have conversations like the one we are having on this board now. Mentioned earlier in this thread that I have a person who is a graduate of Texas visiting now and in my mind it is as has been discussed.

Richt is at the same point Brown was in Austin, Texas. In my mind Richt is like many professional athletes, they can never accept that "father time" has arrived. Some say on the internet that they hope to have Richt as the head coach until he is 65. Not to be ugly, but not at Georgia. I don't really buy into the age thing, I just don't see a head coach that can get any further than he has to this point.

Richt has had a long run, had every opportunity to reach greater goals. It falls on our head coach, not the talent that comes and goes in Athens. In my mind we have had at least two maybe three talented teams that could have played in a "final four" had there been such a thing back in the day.

Alabama will come to Athens in 2015. Auburn will be poised on the Plains. Tech is not backing down. Tennessee appears to be on the upswing. Florida will improve greatly. Guess what I am trying to say is . . . . don't see us in the final four in 2015. Incredibly bad calls by the coaching staff kept UGA out of the Final Four in 2014. That is a point that cannot be argued in my mind.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65689 by Buc
Read your post after I posted Wartdawg . . . . much truth.

Believe many of us are trying to figure this out. Meaning what will actually change with Richt at the helm. Like you I will be watching also, Good Lord willing.

Good post.

Edit: Just read the following on the internet. Makes me happy for this reason, Coach Will Friend is a "stand up guy". Buc will sure as hell miss Coach Friend, CSU's gain, Georgia's loss.

Offensive Line coach Will Friend, who will join Bobo at CSU per the Macon Telegraph, will coach in Georgia’s bowl game.

Had read elsewhere that he would not be with the Red and Black in Charlotte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 4 months ago #65690 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
CWF. Leaving by the front door with class. He did imo raise the level of our OL

I feel that the ground work has been laid for the success to continue

Who ever the new guy is he will find talent to teach and coach up

I think CMR has a clearer idea now of how important a good OL is to the success of the

Offense. Also CJP and his staff has underscored the importance of coaches being able to

Teach.....all last winter we spoke about change well welcome to another round of

Changes R Us....... to many pieces that will be replaced...how surprised we were with

CJP hire..... we might all be surprised after all the smoke clears. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 4 months ago #65691 by Buc
yd1 said and I am on board with the statement.

CWF. Leaving by the front door with class.

Realize I bark a lot, but I recognize class. Initials . . . . WF.

Our offensive line had nothing but respect for Coach Will Friend. Taught the young pups, lead them to believe in what he was doing. Happy for Will Friend, have been a supporter of his from the git go. There were those that were after his scalp for a while. Know this, we lost one heck of a teacher. Teaching seems to be a prerequisite by the Alabama coaches.

I also remember some comments from our head coach in a round about way that "bothered me" when discussing the offensive line needed to pick it up.

AllDawgs5 and I had some conversations about Will Friend, best I remember both of us believed that Coach Friend was the right man for the job. AD5 was right.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65692 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
Well friends I'm hearing all kind of names being thrown out there for OC WOW it's getting deep.

Glad there's no BS here.

every body have a good night and a great Christmas !!!!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds