Forum

A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

9 years 4 months ago #65663 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
Just like players.... coaches who seek new opportunities I wish them well and success

Same for CJP if he wants to follow the money to TAM it will provide a opportunity for next man up

To say things won't be the same....truth

But only time will tell if they turn out better.....

Much to ponder this winter.... Buc maybe we will have more company here during the winter months

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65664 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

sflanagan21 wrote: Change can be a good thing...

If we change the problem up top yes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65665 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

sflanagan21 wrote: Change can be a good thing...

sflanagan21, could not agree more. At some point in time there had to be "real issues faced". That is happening now.

Bobo leaves. Friend leaves. Anyone want to believe their departure had nothing to do with those above them that in my mind thought they had complete control over "everyone".

Questioning why this happened just before the game in Charlotte, takes me back to a lot of the "stuff" that was already happening in 2013.

Anyone remember Willie Martinez telling Mark Richt his college friend to basically stick it prior to a bowl game?

sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4716091

Then there was the hiring of McGarity after the bowl game. Couple of comments from those that have taken our program down starting before McGarity was hired in 2010.

As it turned out, university president Michael Adams and a six-person search committee didn't need much time at all to settle on McGarity. He was hired.

So takes me to this . . . . Mark Richt had problems with coaching and coaching hires under Evans. Now history repeats itself. Different athletic director, same "stuff" being played out prior to the Belk Bowl. Can't blame McGarity for the situation being what it was prior to coming to Athens. Does it not more and more make sense to those out there that this has been a Mark Richt problem, under Evans and now McGarity.

Another thought. Mike Bobo going to Colorado, Friend going with him as offensive coordinator. However, Mike Bobo will call the plays on game day. Paul Johnson does it at GT, now Mike Bobo is going to do the same in Colorado. What seems to be the problem with Mark Richt doing the same? Does he need more money?

Short time back on this board we had conversation about Jeremy Pruitt and his three (3) year contract. Anyone want to wager he remains for three years? McGarity and Richt have lined up against some of Pruitt's comments, main one being the Inside Practice Facility. Ekeler in agreement, also found himself in the doghouse, not near as nice as the one that Russ occupies.

Ramik Wilson raked over the coals, basically told to keep quiet, quiet for telling the truth about the lack of preparation under Mark Richt.

Thought the Mark Richt program was all about telling the truth. Said before, say another time, land for sale, cheap.

Coincidental that Richt hired a S&C replacement for JTII just before the Mike Bobo story hit? I think not. The "Group" works that way. What is the real reason that JTII was fired, yes fired. Call it any way anyone wants, he was fired.

Should not be a "hot seat" this time. I stand with many more that are moving in the direction of finding a "real football coach and athletic director".

More
9 years 4 months ago #65666 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

yankeedawg1 wrote: Just like players.... coaches who seek new opportunities I wish them well and success

Same for CJP if he wants to follow the money to TAM it will provide a opportunity for next man up

To say things won't be the same....truth

But only time will tell if they turn out better.....

Much to ponder this winter.... Buc maybe we will have more company here during the winter months

Go Dawgs

Just emailed my contact about Pruitt to see if he knows anything and here's what he had to say if interested....

"Who knows? Most never thought he would leave FSU for UGA. However he is VERY close with Bobo and Friend, and they are gone. That’s what got him to Athens.

Anthony Dasher said that he chased the rumor with a strong contact at TAMU, and the contact said that it was not true. Just a rumor. I think Richt is letting him call a lot of the shots. Pruitt has a hand chosen staff on defense. We just hired the strength and conditioning coach from Alabama that was most likely his recommendation. Hard to believe that he would have that type of input with Sumlin at TAMU. Plus it’s in the West where it is MUCH tougher to win right now.

You never say it couldn’t happen, but I would be very surprised. If he leaves, I think he is saying that Richt at UGA is a sinking ship, and he wants out."

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65667 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
Tell you what, if Pruitt leaves, the CMR regime will be over. CMR will resign and the committee will start looking for a new HC.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #65668 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
Some are leaving as we post. Should never have come to this. Amazing what a fistful of money does to folks. Job protection is often a fierce battle when the "numbers" reach certain heights.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds