Forum

A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

9 years 4 months ago #65681 by Oldawg
Replied by Oldawg on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
I think they will have to at least match DC's salary unless promote from within.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65682 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

Buc wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote: Buc, I love BMac and what he has done but I don't want to go through the heartaches of breaking in a new OC again. I think it's paramount that we find the best OC on the market that fits our scheme and hopefully we don't miss a beat and the new guy mixes and shuffles some things up.

Can't disagree, in theory believe you are 100% right. The hitch that I see in the giddy-up is anyone coming on board and being under the present lack of leadership going to fall in line.

I have thought about this . . . . Say we have a well known, top offensive coordinator come on board . . . . at what wage scale does he start at? Thought I would throw a little "spit" in the game . . . . :whistle:

Buc, I will be the first to admit that I've been on the "fire Richt" bandwagon for MANY years but I also think there are a lot of top OC's that would love to come coach for Richt because of what he stands for. Now if I were an OC looking to land a job that I thought could possibly get me a HC job down the road then I would look NO farther than UGA. The talent is there and you have a DC that's building a hell of a D so I'm thinking I just won the lottery so pay me what you think I'm worth. With the talent at UGA and the talent coming (Eason/company) in over the next two years Richt/McGarity are going to have a line a country mile long!

To answer your question I'm not sure what wage scale the new OC starts at but I think there won't be any short of interests from some of the top OC's on the market. I know a lot of people that are very worried and upset about Bobo leaving, me personally I'm happy for him and excited for the change. McGarity didn't counter offer for a reason and I don't think it had anything to do with $, that's just my opinion...

More
9 years 4 months ago #65683 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

Oldawg wrote: I think they will have to at least match DC's salary unless promote from within.

Oldawg, guess that is what bothers me the most. Regardless of what anyone thinks about Mike Bobo's play calling or whatever . . . . Have a hard time with our head coach not standing up for the one person that has recruited more talent to UGA than any other person on the staff, and at this point that includes McClendon. In my mind that is not leadership, more like I said earlier, looks and smells like job protection to me.

This is going to be a very hot issue between now and LOI day. Many recruits are watching, fear that we are in for some disappointments. One that really disappoints me now is Will Friend leaving for Colorado. He understood we needed an offensive line to win in the SEC. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oldawg

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65684 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
Good post sflanagan21, the script has not been written at this point, but soon the rubber will meet the road. LOI come February are more of a concern at this point than maybe the Belk Bowl.

Have this fear that Terry Godwin might end up with Alabama, and just like I can't blame Bobo for moving to Colorado, same can be said from where I sit about Godwin. They have Lane Kiffin and he will air it out. Nick Saban wants Godwin, losing an outstanding receiver. You being an offensive coach can understand this, feel sure.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65685 by Oldawg
Replied by Oldawg on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
I agree with you Buc. I think there must have been more than money involved but we have definitely lost a good recruiter. There will probably be some recruits that flip but hopefully most committed to UGA and not any one person.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65686 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
Buc, I'm sure Pruitt is talking to Godwin and I'm thinking he stays and becomes a stud DB, he could easily play both ways too. His family really wants him to go to UGA to be with his sister. If we can hold on to Eason then I think most if not all of our recruits stay committed.

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds