Forum

A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

9 years 4 months ago #65651 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
The truth Buc.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65652 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

Dawg With Style wrote: Just a Rumor but have heard talk of W. friend going with Bobo as OC.

Buc you heard anything?

Well is looks like the recruits are fine with Bobo leaving imagine that maybe Richt will be his OC :whistle:

YES....he's going along with Director of Player Personel Letson.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 4 months ago #65653 by wlayton
Just spoke with my contact and he said there is alot of tension in Athens right now between CMR and McGarity on UGA not making an effort to keep Bobo. CMR is ticked off about it. McGarity didn't even counter with an offer to keep him.....he would have stayed if they raised him to $1M-1.2M......tightwad.

I'll go on record as saying (contrary to most here), they WILL feel the effects of Bobo leaving....."be careful what you wish for"...

He wasn't perfect with his play calling but his "body of work" has been pretty dang good.

McGarity dropped the ball.....all this my opinion...we'll just have to wait and see.

Good news at least with Eason....his father said they have faith that CMR will make the right choice concerning the OC.....imo, CMR will stay with pro style OC.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc

More
9 years 4 months ago #65654 by wlayton

Buc wrote: Has been mentioned the McClendon calling the plays during the Belk Bowl.

Why not?

McClendon has been around and played SEC Football over a long period.

Experience . . . .

McClendon's has experience as a player, as a recruiter, lead Dawg in my way of thinking when comparing those he has worked for.

Can see this happening.

Remember Garner and grantham? Did not like each other. How did that turn out? Move someone in front of McClendon, guarantee you he is gone. Going to bring an offensive coordinator to Athens, pay him probably double the amount that McClendon receives for the work he has done and is doing. I don't doubt for a minute that Mike Bobo would love to have McClendon make the journey to Colorado with him.

Living in the State of Florida, promise you McClendon is a respected representative of UGA. He can move to Colorado and still have huge success recruiting Florida. Take that to the bank. If I were Mike Bobo, my number one choice to take with me would be McClendon.

All of this BS about bringing in someone as offensive coordinator . . . . McClendon knows and recruited most or many of the personnel on that side of the ball. Richt/McGarity will flunk the damn test again, bank on it. McClendon should be the man, and should be rewarded as such, or move on with Mike Bobo.

McClendon certainly could come in as Bobo did under CMR's offensive tutelage for a couple of years and he's comfortable with the responsibility of taking over 100% of the calls.

Then Ball is ticked.....

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 4 months ago #65655 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
Michael Adams will straighten this out . . . . :whistle:

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65656 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

wlayton wrote: Just spoke with my contact and he said there is alot of tension in Athens right now between CMR and McGarity on UGA not making an effort to keep Bobo. CMR is ticked off about it. McGarity didn't even counter with an offer to keep him.....he would have stayed if they raised him to $1M-1.2M......tightwad.

I'll go on record as saying (contrary to most here), they WILL feel the effects of Bobo leaving....."be careful what you wish for"...

He wasn't perfect with his play calling but his "body of work" has been pretty dang good.

McGarity dropped the ball.....all this my opinion...we'll just have to wait and see.

Yup. I see this as one way it could turn out.. Bobo will return as HC within 2-3 years if Mahogany Row gets cleaned up. And it will cost a lot more than the money "being saved not to keep him" to get him back

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds