Forum

A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

9 years 4 months ago #65657 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
I would be shocked if Richt hired anything but a pro-style OC.

We've been hearing for years how great Richt is from all of his apologists...

I guess we will find out.

McGarity seems to have supported the body of work being done by our coaching staff, but he doesn't
even make a counter offerto keep the OC from this top flight offense??

Over the past two years I've really come to believe our program was nothing more than a cash generator. Little care was given to accomplishments as long as the cash cow kept giving more
and more milk, and this would seem to back it up... not even offering to try and keep this well
regarded OC.

Oh well... I'm an optimist. If we tank, maybe that means the end of the Richt under-achievement after a couple of bad seasons. I'll live. I would say sure I'll be disappointed, but I've been disappointed for the past several years anyway, so whatever.

I just hope that if our program does regress... I hope it hits every seat on mahagony row hard in the bank account.

If the program doesn't regress, then losing Bobo and whoever else didn't mean much...

Plus it's just time to find out if the bone-headed play calling at crucial moments was Bobo's
sphincter tightening up, or if was Richt inserting himself.

It should all be more interesting than just another usual UGA 9-4 season.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65658 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

Dawg With Style wrote: The truth Buc.

DWS find it interesting that only a handful on this board and others that were willing to look deeper than losing a coordinator.

It is a given now I "suppose" that UGA will fall on hard times and probably take years to recover from the loss of Mike Bobo. Mike Bobo had a belly full of the BS that was going on in Athens, in effect told "them" to stick it.

If the counter point is that McGarity would not support Richt, tells me that first off McGarity did not tell the truth when coming on board.

If Richt does not have the backbone to face off with McGarity, then I have to assume that the money Richt draws from his head coaching job is the reason for him being . . . . "timid".

Neither one of the two have accomplished much in their time on campus when I look around and face facts, use their opening statements when taking the jobs. Every head coach and athletic director, regardless of university location say the same thing . . . . we are here to win National Championships.

Guess I should back up . . . . Our head coach wants to win the SEC East. Has been said often. Hard to do when the athletic director refuses to live up to his "original words". Passing the buck McGarity. Understand now why you were the "assistant" in Florida. They understood your capabilities. The "Group" in Athens apparently did not get the message. They control you, just like you control the head coach. Fact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
9 years 4 months ago #65659 by Rdawg
Replied by Rdawg on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
The way I see it, the coaching staff is fed up with Richt and his complete inability to motivate. They see Bo Pelini get canned over the same thing and wonder why nothing is being done at UGA. Bobo leaves due to a more lucrative offer, but at the same time, his main reason was to get out from under Richt as the main coach to hate. So, if Pruitt leaves, there is no doubt that UGA football will be considered a sinking ship, thanks to the lack luster abilities of our HC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #65660 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
Friend is gone...

More
9 years 4 months ago #65661 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?

sflanagan21 wrote: Friend is gone...

Knew that was coming.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65662 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic A wish come true, Bobo going Byebye?
Change can be a good thing...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds