Forum

An Honest Evaluation Appreciated

9 years 5 months ago #64771 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
Another thought. Anyone remember the "stuff" that caused Erk to leave Athens, move to Statesboro, and "create" a winning football team?

Situation in Athens at the present time reminds me of days in the past. Erk was never one of the "good old boys" in Athens. VD made it a point to be in front of the information or lack of information coming out of Athens. Anyone think for a minute that VD could have traveled the same path that Erk did, move to Statesboro or wherever and accomplish what Erk did?

Question. Have searched high and low for the video of Jeremy Pruitt talking to the press about the need for an indoor facility in Athens, anyone know where to find that video? Is there a video?

See some other video that does not touch on the subject of the much needed indoor facility. This is the way that those in control of "our program" run things in Athens.

Pruitt came out to say that climbing the ladder to the top, especially playing in the SEC, better get off of "your" butts and help those of us that understand what is needed to keep the "cash cow" . . . . "golden goose" producing. Pruitt is talking about recruiting, bringing talent to Athens.

Remember over the past years the question about why athletes are leaving the State of Georgia to play in places like Alabama?

When Bear Bryant took over in Alabama he did not ask, he demanded what was needed by him and his coaches to move the Crimson Tide forward. Nick Saban, many years later, understood what the Bear did and quite frankly copied many of his actions.

At Georgia for far too long we have copied the wrong examples of moving forward. Now moving forward the Georgia way is ok for some, and we are in the same place that we have been for too many years. I notice now that Alabama is ranked #1 again, and Georgia is ranked #10. As Pruitt said, the indoor facility means so much to those of us on the recruiting trail. Pruitt knows, Richt is silent, McGarity is . . . . McGarity.

The game plan in Athens has not changed in years. Thanks for stepping up Pruitt.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64772 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
Richt is a master of "office politics."
Pruitt is a damn good coach who concentrates on his work.
Unfortunately politics is the name of the game at Georgia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64773 by Buc
Going back and reading not only this thread, reading many posts that have approached the Jeremy Pruitt time in Athens as our defensive coordinator.

Much of what I read prompted me to return to this video that I pulled from the vault. Listening to his conversation with Chuck Dowdle, then going over in my mind what has been accomplished by this defensive group in 2014. Hard for me not to be impressed with this particular video. What Pruitt has to say does not fall on deaf ears. He has a plan, he and his defensive coaches are on the same page. Can only imagine what our defense will look like three (3) years down the road.

If you can muster up 10 minutes, take a look.

Click Pruitt's first interview on the right.

www.georgiadogs.com/collegesportslive/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64778 by Buc
Then there was this coming from Bill King at the AJC.

Still, it’s good that the Georgia football program has someone like Pruitt who’s willing to light a fire under an administration that too often in the past has been glacial in its approach to change.

And this . . . .

Bottom line: UGA has piddled around with this idea for too long, and it’s like a breath of fresh air to have someone like Pruitt in the program who’s willing to shake things up and give the folks upstairs a polite but public kick in the rear every now and then.

Have had some emails questioning what I have said about this . . . . apparently others feel the same way. Notice that our head coach does not "stick his neck out". Pruitt, a breath of fresh air.

King's article . . . .

ugafans.blog.ajc.com/2014/11/19/dawg-bit...n-practice-facility/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64779 by growl
Replied by growl on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
I may be wrong,and probably am, but, I believe Pruitt welcomes this kind of challenge and is up to it. It will give him some real leverage when he gets it accomplished, and he will. He is the epitome of a Bulldawg!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Dawg With Style

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64780 by Buc
growl, I believe this. Pruitt has done in one short year what has not been done in 13.5 years. Pruitt has not and will not run from the truth.

Appears to me that a lot of "Nick Saban" rubbed off on this young coach. Going to be real interesting looking over the "actual" incoming class of 2015. Know this, Pruitt/Rocker and Company have their hand and foot prints all over our program in . . . . one football season.

Head coach stays out of the way, our program will move forward. Head coach needs to do what he does best, leave the coaches alone. Anyone believe that our head coach calls "any" of the defensive formations?"

We have needed this kind of change for a long time. Pruitt speaking his mind does not please those upstairs. Bet that.

Truthfully, would love to see Foley retire or be removed and McGarity find his way back to Gainesville, Florida.

Bill King told the truth when he said this . . . . Still, it’s good that the Georgia football program has someone like Pruitt who’s willing to light a fire under an administration that too often in the past has been glacial in its approach to change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds