Forum

Todd Gurley Suspended

9 years 6 months ago #63442 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Well, here’s my take on the “Gurleygate” and I have no inside intel on this at all. But here’s the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the news at 6:12.

IMO, an agent will be involved somehow if this is indeed a NCAA compensation infraction. And here is what that agent told Todd.

“Todd, let’s sit down for one minute. UGA will not make it to the SEC championship. You guys have a subpar QB and the secondary is non-existent. Your HC will run you because you’re all he has and he’s publicly mentioned that in more ways than one. Do you understand what I’m telling you Todd? Don’t risk it Todd. Let me make this as painless for you as it can be and you will be a 1st round pick making millions. Take care of yourself and your family Todd. You have what it takes to go early.”

This is how the ridiculous NCAA rules against compensation are the advantage for agents.

And now you know the rest of the story... Good day!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63444 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
TGII from what I have heard has been taking money since the spring of 2014 for certified items.

IF this is true UGA is now 0-5 as they will have to FORFEIT all games prior to Saturday's. He was ineligible and we will forfeit all wins where an ineligible player played in the game. NCAA rules my friends...season over...

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 6 months ago #63445 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
I am just about done with the NCAA....and the pox that surrounds UGA football.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63446 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended
Ogredawg, thank you for the info....obviously Hoping its erroneous :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Wartdawg, could't agree more with your first statement...

NCAA has got to figure something out about their painfully obvious BUSINE$$ flaws

More
9 years 6 months ago #63447 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

GooseDawg78 wrote: Ogredawg, thank you for the info....obviously Hoping its erroneous :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Wartdawg, could't agree more with your first statement...

NCAA has got to figure something out about their painfully obvious BUSINE$$ flaws

More
9 years 6 months ago #63448 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Todd Gurley Suspended

ogredawg wrote: TGII from what I have heard has been taking money since the spring of 2014 for certified items.

IF this is true UGA is now 0-5 as they will have to FORFEIT all games prior to Saturday's. He was ineligible and we will forfeit all wins where an ineligible player played in the game. NCAA rules my friends...season over...

Been hearing this as well.
I've also heard that the guy ratting Gurley out has a video, but doesn't show any exchange of money.
The exact same thing happened with Manziel.

We will find out what is going to happen soon enough.

And Wart, im right there with you. NCAA makes Billions of dollars off of college athletes, mostly football and basketball. But god forbid an athlete wants to see some of that money too.

Don't know if any of you guys follows the Ed O'Bannon case, know that I've talked about it once or twice on this board. here's an interesting read.

edition.cnn.com/2014/08/08/sport/ncaa-student-athletes/

Won't help Gurley out, but its a step in the right direction of changing the NCAA forever....
Well that is after all the appeals that are sure to come.

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds